• 1) What are you selling?

2) What is its condition?

3) Where are you located?

4) What is your asking price?

5) Pictures/videos?

6) At least 3 days between bumping your own ad.

7) No more than 5 ads per individual at once.

8) No commercial sales.

9) You must post when the item sells and state that it is SOLD. Do not report the post or PM moderators to remove your post once it is sold.

10) No feeler ads.

11) No firearms or firearm accessories.

6.4 Elite Ported Heads (READ WHOLE AD)

F.X.5

Reaction score
I bought the heads from this ad:

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49297

I asked if he would have them checked prior to my purchase and he said he did. I was told "Perfect, no cracks, valves pull a really good vacuum. They are flat. Anyone that surfaces them are wasting their time".

After hearing that amazing news, we figured out a payment method and got the deal done. I was really looking forward to getting them on my truck and getting it back on the road.

Once I got them in my possession, I took them to two machine shops to have them checked. Both shops told me the same thing. They are cracked too bad to use and a few cracks are cracked beyond repair. I informed the seller of the heads being cracked and he refused to give me a refund.

So after spending even more money and time trying to get this resolved, I've decided to see if anyone could use them for anything and accept the fact I made a bad decision. They still have the springs and valves in them. But I have been advised not to put them on my truck due to the cracks. I need to get my truck back together and I need to try to recoup any money I can after flushing 3k down the toilet on these heads.

If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

I'm asking best offer. Not sure what to even ask for them.

Heads are located in Central PA.

I have pictures on my phone, PM me for my number and I can text them to you if your interested.

Thank you.

BOSS450

Reaction score
There are two sides to every story. Sorry for the bad luck but please don't leave out important details. GLWS

6.4strokin

Reaction score
Something needs to be done because this not right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David N

Reaction score
There are two sides to every story. Sorry for the bad luck but please don't leave out important details. GLWS

You're from the same area as the original seller, and with that comment you obviously know more to this story. So please, tell the other side of the story...

02bigstrokin

Reaction score
Everybody can think what they want. The heads ran perfect on the truck and when I took the heads to my machinist that does all of my machine work for me(multiple 6.0 heads, Duramax heads, Duramax bottom ends, etc etc) he pressure tested the heads to 30psi.... No leaks. He pulled a vacuum on the valves and it maxed out his gauge. I was told the valves couldn't be ground to seat any better. The surface was also checked and flat. So as far as I was concerned they were "perfect"! To me. I dropped the heads off with this mans uncle on a Friday afternoon. He took delivery of them and after that I have no way of knowing what happened after that. When they left me they were checked and ran fine on the truck. That's all I have to go off of.

BFT

Reaction score
Everybody can think what they want. The heads ran perfect on the truck and when I took the heads to my machinist that does all of my machine work for me(multiple 6.0 heads, Duramax heads, Duramax bottom ends, etc etc) he pressure tested the heads to 30psi.... No leaks. He pulled a vacuum on the valves and it maxed out his gauge. I was told the valves couldn't be ground to seat any better. The surface was also checked and flat. So as far as I was concerned they were "perfect"! To me. I dropped the heads off with this mans uncle on a Friday afternoon. He took delivery of them and after that I have no way of knowing what happened after that. When they left me they were checked and ran fine on the truck. That's all I have to go off of.

I'm not understanding this... You had your machinist check the heads, then you ran them on the truck and THEN you sold them?

BOSS450

Reaction score
I'm not understanding this... You had your machinist check the heads, then you ran them on the truck and THEN you sold them?

He tore down the motor because it had a cracked block. This is shones old truck so a couple of y'all already know that. Took the heads off to get checked so that he could sell them knowing they were true. Then he got dicked around for a month on shipping. Then drove to meet the guys uncle. Y'all are so quick to jump on a band wagon lets think about this first. This truck got sold three times and only the last person came out about it having a cracked block did the right thing and parted It out instead of selling it to someone else. I think that shows good character. Now y'all can decide for yourself who along the way knew it had a cracked block and if they bought a 1000hp truck to sell it the next week. But the guy that sold these heads is not out to screw anybody

MINK

Reaction score
That poor truck has some chitty ju ju

But maybe refund half and accept the heads back - that's a tough one.

6.0Powerjoke

Reaction score

I don't see "magnaflux" in there anywhere.

6.0Powerjoke

Reaction score
If it was only because of a cracked block, why part it to recoup money. Get a new block and put it back together.

Sometimes it is such a hard kick in the gut you just want out. I know if I was in that situation the wind would be taken out of my sails. While I would have fixed it I can understand him parting it out.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Ive been on both sides of this type of issue in the recent past. There is a resolution, it just needs to be worked out like men, and not shooting stories in the air to see which one lands on the ground first.

Only the two people involved know the entire situation, yall should work this out.

If not, a price needs to be stated for the junk heads. You wont sell them without at least a somewhat firm price.

PsdPullerJr

Reaction score
Sometimes it is such a hard kick in the gut you just want out. I know if I was in that situation the wind would be taken out of my sails. While I would have fixed it I can understand him parting it out.

Understandable. Myself I think I would have went ahead and fixed it also but I see where your coming from. I also think it's something that should have been worked out before it came on here.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.