6.4 Intercooler

alradco

Reaction score
Uhhhhhh, so does this mean you're changing the size?

Not necessarily but it is a consideration. The current core measures over 4". Core thickness is not the only way to improve cooling and efficiency. We're going to make the best possible intercooler. And if you're willing to trim the inside lip of your grille, we can probably squeeze this monster in, maybe we'll offer a couple different models. We're looking at a lot of different options including making this one fit.

JrStroker

Reaction score
Not necessarily but it is a consideration. The current core measures over 4". Core thickness is not the only way to improve cooling and efficiency. We're going to make the best possible intercooler. And if you're willing to trim the inside lip of your grille, we can probably squeeze this monster in, maybe we'll offer a couple different models. We're looking at a lot of different options including making this one fit.

Oh okay! Good deal! Thank you!

Crack85

Reaction score
I say do some testing with different thickness if cores and see which one yields the best results.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
only problem i see with core thickness is effective cooling to everything else behind it. bar and plate is a cool catcher, so while it helps egt, it blocks mucho. tube and fin is less effective but less restrictive to everything behind it. i assume nicks testing should answer these questions.

JrStroker

Reaction score
only problem i see with core thickness is effective cooling to everything else behind it. bar and plate is a cool catcher, so while it helps egt, it blocks mucho. tube and fin is less effective but less restrictive to everything behind it. i assume nicks testing should answer these questions.

Did not know that. Hmmm. Let the testing commence!

randy_4life

Reaction score
ill take a rad. and I/C when all the testing is done... I been looking for a new intercooler and wanted to upgrade the rad at the same time after hearing all the horror stories about them, glad I stumbled upon this thread :)

alradco

Reaction score
Sorry been out of town a few days and just getting caught up. We're working on the right balance of thickness, design, efficiency,etc. Although we were looking at a 4" core initially we were going to balance out that thickness in the design so that it's not "too thick" and causes other temps to go up, just like birpower mentions above. The number one priority on this is function and that's why we'll be testing on Nick's truck. Thanks everyone.

ill take a rad. and I/C when all the testing is done... I been looking for a new intercooler and wanted to upgrade the rad at the same time after hearing all the horror stories about them, glad I stumbled upon this thread :)

Best first post ever! :thumbsup: Thank you.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Sorry been out of town a few days and just getting caught up. We're working on the right balance of thickness, design, efficiency,etc. Although we were looking at a 4" core initially we were going to balance out that thickness in the design so that it's not "too thick" and causes other temps to go up, just like birpower mentions above. The number one priority on this is function and that's why we'll be testing on Nick's truck. Thanks everyone.

:thumbup:

alradco

Reaction score
Core and tanks are pretty much done, getting assembled this week then off to Nick for testing. I'll be out of town for a few days after tomorrow. We're going to the sand dunes for President's Day.

Latest posts

Members online