6.4 Intercooler

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Quick update, hoping to have one done for fitting by the end of next week. Happy New Year.

Peter

Good to hear. I have been looking forward to seeing what this intercooler can do. 4'' core is pretty nuts and should flow good. :pimp:

alradco

Reaction score
Good to hear. I have been looking forward to seeing what this intercooler can do. 4'' core is pretty nuts and should flow good. :pimp:

"Nuts" is how I would describe some of our customers, we just try to keep up. :D
I can't wait to get the 6.4 IC testing, very excited about it especially with the caliber of these trucks.
Here's a fun little video of one our "nuts" customers that we built an intercooler for, his EGT's dropped almost 200 degrees. He did a 12V swap with compounds. Hopefully the 6.4 crowd isn't as hard on their trucks.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

alradco

Reaction score
Back to work on Monday, can't wait to get back into everything. Holidays are great for spending time with the family but it's time to get this IC done.

One more video just for fun. This is my 7.3 pulling the above truck and trailer out.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

alradco

Reaction score
Well...you guys want to see some pics or should I wait to post until it's installed?? :nopics:

Peter

alradco

Reaction score
Bring on the pictures! I could use a good pick me up, this week has started of like total sh!t.

I hope this makes you feel better. :pimp: Let's hope it all fits. Going to test shortly...

2lc21j9.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
:thumbup:Ya that looks like a well built unit forsure. I am excited for the 6.4 world to see what this thing can provide. Fingers crossed to fit Peter.

alradco

Reaction score
Well..we were ready for a test drive but the hood was touching the top of the end tank. Alignment was real nice on all mounting locations, just need a few minor tweaks in a couple of areas.

Big, big thanks to Nick for volunteering at 11pm to test fit the prototype. Would have been nice to go for a ride but we got the info we needed to move forward. Thanks again Nick! Maybe Nick can comment on build quality etc.

63r9dw.jpg

Sits just like stock using factory mounting locations..

2129tt4.jpg

We're having some discussion on the core thickness....This may be a little overkill for most applications. Side by side Alradco 6.4 Intercooler with a stock ic. Our interooler makes the factory one look like it came out of a Civic.

zklmwo.jpg

And one more shot mounted.

2i8i0rt.jpg

More updates to follow in the next couple of days. As always we're open to input, suggestions, and ideas. Love to hear from the guys that will be using our products. Thanks.

Peter

Members online

No members online now.