6.4 Water pump options

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Hey guys and Gals.

Couple questions.
I am in need of a water pump and after searching the web I have come up with limited sources.

Found this one from bullet proof, but not sure if there is a better route to go.
http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Bullet_Proof_Diesel_Water_Pump_for_6_4L_Diesel_p/90201051.htm

also found this but I believe this may still be a plastic impeller.

http://holdersdiesel.com/product_info.php?products_id=962

Is there anything else I should replace while getting the job done? Money is tight, but I am sure it would be a good idea to do thermostats, Right?

Also will need to replace the radiator and have been looking at the Alradco and mishimoto radiator. I read great things about Alradco but see they are on about a 3 week b/o. As for the Mishimoto I have not really read anything bad and they are ready to ship.
I will be waiting to order the radiator on till the 1st of the month and water pump before then.
Just wonder what you guys think as to which route to go with the water pump and radiator?

Thanks

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Alliant is just an OEM parts manufacture, they make good quality stuff but its the same as stock. Your only two options are stock or BPD.

B585Ford

Reaction score
I lean towards Alliant. On .org, I have read several Mish. complaints, but I don't have any direct experience with them (good or bad). I ended up going Alradco....my radiator aint leaking but I placed order on pre-sale. They called me told mine was ready for shipping but I had them go ahead and wait and fill their back-orders first since I don't need it right now. Personally, I would do a number of flushes and add a coolant filter before changing either the water pump or radiator (especially the radiator) if possible. Make sure you have the updated setup with the degas and the T-lines.

B585Ford

Reaction score
The only issues with Mishimoto were small batch of 50 or so and they already swapped out most all of them last I heard.

As stated before, I have no direct experience with them. There were several complaints on the one thread about them......maybe they came from the same batch, maybe not. IDK

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
As stated before, I have no direct experience with them. There were several complaints on the one thread about them......maybe they came from the same batch, maybe not. IDK

I'm just explaining what happened is all, thats right out of Mishimotos mouth. They found most all of the ones in that batch and swapped them out.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Well I PMed Peter and found out that orders are shipping quicker then the 2-3 weeks I expected from the thread. So I bite the bullet and placed my order...
As for the water pump it seems like stated above that the BPD is really the only after market way to go, so that will be order here next week.

I do intend on getting a coolant filter but it will have to wait till I get more funds, I am going to stress that I want it flushed several times with the hopes of getting most of any debris out of the system.

Thanks for the info thus far guys.

Latest posts

Members online