6.7 head gasket failure...

Nic

Reaction score
KIDDING...i want to know if theres any real issues anybody has seen with these motors with tuning and exhausts??? Were looking to get one and want the deletes and tuning. :gun:

cw96stroker

Reaction score
Dad has one and has 55k on it, no problems yet except for the transmission acts up an shifts weird every once in awhile its already been back an got reflashed, then when back and had shift solenoids changed I believe. So may be getting some tunes here pretty quick to try an fix that. Probably wouldnt worry with deleting due to trying to deal with laws, and it really isnt going to gain you a lot of mpg, and doesnt seem to be a reliability issue for most so far but just my 2 cents.

wasgas

Reaction score
Stock seems to be holding up well. There have been a few tuned 6.7's eat their turbos, and I think there were two, one with twins, and the other with compounds throw a rod.

Reaction score
I have a pretty good friend/customer that has a 6.7 with just 8,500 miles on it and is having issues with the Urea system. It will empty the urea tank in just 400 miles and is going into regen all the time. Stopped by the other day and with this issue but haven't heard what they are doing or did to it to resolve the issue.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have one rented right now, very solid truck with great all around power.

One thing i can find that i dislike is the trans. 6 speed and acts up now and then randomly, probably a tuning thing though.

I liked my 4rs personally

SAK

Reaction score
No problems with mine. 45k on the clock and hasn't been to the dealer. Been tuned since about 5k if I remember right.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
we have one with 80k that has been tuned with exhaust since like 15k an it's only had a few shift solenoids.
and one with 25k that has been tuned dpf on, lost a turbo, and has some weird shifting. but overall they have been great trucks.

java

Reaction score
My dads 6.7 has been tuned and deleted pretty much since it had 30 miles on it. It now has 36k and hasnt been to the dealer once and it gets driven pretty hard. This is with the spartan warhammer tune.

Nic

Reaction score
good deal the skies are looking pretty clear tho...im assuming more power than hot tunes and the rods are a weaklink...

11STROKER

Reaction score
me and Aaron beat the ever loving sh#$ out of our 6.7s towing 20k all over the country and cant tear them up so if you get one and treat it good it will be fine

wasgas

Reaction score
I just hooked up to my 14k trailer tonight for the first time in a few months and I forget how easy it tows. Stepped on it at about 10mph and lit the rears up pretty good (not intentional) Tomorrow I will tow it from 1,500ft to 7,500ft. The truck is so quiet it seems slow but it's not, kina like the F150 ecoboost it throws my equilibrium for a loop everytime.

broncof250444

Reaction score
Mines doing great no problems, just normal once in awhile will get a goofy shift. I drive it hard, ive hit 140 mph a couple of times and tow 10-15k regular. average 16.5-17.5 mpg its currently has 13k miles and its been deleted and tuned since 3.2 miles on the dash after special ordered it from my Ford dealer, still dont have many come in the shop with problems besides stuff with the urea system.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Mines doing great no problems, just normal once in awhile will get a goofy shift. I drive it hard, ive hit 140 mph a couple of times and tow 10-15k regular. average 16.5-17.5 mpg its currently has 13k miles and its been deleted and tuned since 3.2 miles on the dash after special ordered it from my Ford dealer, still dont have many come in the shop with problems besides stuff with the urea system.

140MPH???........... Dang, how was that ride :popcorn:

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score

haha tuned and deleted since 3.2 miles?? did you just drive it home and get to work?? haha that has to be a record for the least miles before deleted and tuned. :D

Latest posts

Members online