6.7 head gasket failure...

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
A 6.7 at 140 mph feels like riding on a cloud LOL I rode in one.

Truck is now at the dealer for a trashed bottom end, bad injectors and a blown turbo. Tune only

broncof250444

Reaction score
haha tuned and deleted since 3.2 miles?? did you just drive it home and get to work?? haha that has to be a record for the least miles before deleted and tuned. :D

Didn't even drive it, I signed the papers then pulled it in the shop and deleted then tuned it....... I'm a ford master diesel tech lol. I special ordered my truck from my dealership and before it was in I had already got the goodies!

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
We have 3 450's . 70,000 on the oldest one. All stock. Only thing we have had is a knock sensor replaced.

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
How are they on warranty ? Herd that even if you put wheels and tires on that it voids the suspension and trans warranty ? Any info that this is true ? Thanks

WHY NOT

Reaction score
How are they on warranty ? Herd that even if you put wheels and tires on that it voids the suspension and trans warranty ? Any info that this is true ? Thanks

Depends on the dealer really. If they tired to deny work for a small lift and wheels and tires I would find a different dealer

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, but the guy I herd that from was thinking 8 inch lift 37's and 22's... So that might be a little but more then a small lift... Lol. But i think the Trans should have no problems with it, but i don't make the call.

While I'm here i do have a question. Lets say I had a stock truck and wanted to add a intake and exhaust dpf delete with out adding power. I guess what i want is a stock truck with intake and exhaust with no engine lights. Is there a way to do this ? Would be having a straight piped exhaust hurt anything ? Thanks

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
Yea i understand adding the h&s will do this, but i was wondering if there was another way with out adding power adder. Because it being there would be too tempting to turn it up, an mess it up. Prob sounds dumb but was just wondering.

I have a 6.0 and deff don't want any of those problems to come up again.

Strokerguy

Reaction score
On my Spartan Tuner I have a tune that's like 40hp with the DPF on. You could run that and not have any issues. I'm told by Spartan that all the tunes up to 120 have built in safety features, defueling etc.... I'm straight piped and love the sounds of the turbo/waste gate.... This truck is nothing like the 6.0 I've had 3 of those.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
Buddies ate a turbo and threw a rod at 440 horse, just throwing that out there. He beat it though so as long as you take care of it it should be fine. His trans acted up everyone in a while too.

Lamont_24

Reaction score
A 6.7 at 140 mph feels like riding on a cloud LOL I rode in one.

Truck is now at the dealer for a trashed bottom end, bad injectors and a blown turbo. Tune only

I feel like we're talking about the same person! I was with my friend when we went 140 and the wind folded the mirror in haha

STRAIGHTSTROKEN04

Reaction score
On my Spartan Tuner I have a tune that's like 40hp with the DPF on. You could run that and not have any issues. I'm told by Spartan that all the tunes up to 120 have built in safety features, defueling etc.... I'm straight piped and love the sounds of the turbo/waste gate.... This truck is nothing like the 6.0 I've had 3 of those.

I think i could do that and keep my foot out of it...lol. I really just want to straight pipe it and be done with it, but know it will throw a light and run crappy. So i will need to put some kind of programmer to cut the lights off. I also herd the other day that the computer burns a code that cant be erased when anything is hooked up to the ob2 plug and trys to change parameters.. ? Any truth in this ?

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If they want to dig far enough into the computer they can find a trace of a tuner on the computer. So yes they will be able to find it but they will most likely have to dig for it. I am much happier with how my truck runs now that some parts fell off it.

Sent while.....

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
52k on mine been tuned and deleted since 10k. Drive mine pretty hard and tow all the time from 5k-20k. I am running KEM off road tunes and love them. The trans shifts funny some times but it does fine. Mine tows great and gets good mpgs for whats been done to it.

i hope to score the MCC tuning by the 1st of the year and start playing with my own tuning

Latest posts

Members online