6.7 project, the good and the bad.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So after having my truck back for about a week I've been on the fence about doing a review, but decided to do so. I took my truck to MPD in January of 2014 to get a new motor with rods, new turbo kit, and a few other goodies. Well it was a long and not very pleasent process...

We will start with the experience. I took the truck down there being told that it would be started within a month or so. (I understand they are a busy and reputable shop so this was fine... But my truck didn't get pulled into the shop for 4 months. Them we had at least 2 months of waiting for "the machine shop" to build the short block with R&R rods. Them the engine was put back in the truck and assembly began (after the price was changed on me a few times because people do not communicate down there and I ended up paying a couple thousand extra!!!).

Well the cab is Dow. And the truck is started!! Yay!... Or at least I thought. The engine seized up because the rods were too close together.(they tryed to tell me the tranny was locked up and stalled the engine). So they pulled the motor out and sent to "another machine shop" cause apparently they didn't want to use the ****ty one this time.

Now more waiting, then it comes to their shop in July. 4 days later the truck is finished and running... 8 months my truck is there, and they did it in 4 days... (Something doesn't add up.)

Well I got the truck back expecting everything to be how it should be, everywhere I read this is the shop to go to, they do the best work... Not so much.

The truck does run good don't get me wrong. But they cut a few corners. Like using confederates intake pipe that goes from the filter to the turbo.(guess they didn't like theirs?!!? Idk). Also they ground the pipe they made to fit in the engine bay and left it unpainted. Didn't put many bolts back where they belong, zip ties the dip stick tubes to the firewall so they would pull out of their slots on me, and left a giant spider web in the back seat for me when I picked it up... Such nice guys. Here are a few pictures of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    867.7 KB · Views: 362

stacked6.7

Reaction score
But on a lighter note the truck does run good. I am happy with their turbo kit so far, just not the way they installed it and cut it up, and didn't use all of their pieces.

As far as a build list the truck has a HTT 371FMW. Industrial modded CP4 55% (hope to get dual fuelers before winter. Fass fuel pump. R&R rods, Hamilton pushrods and springs.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Here is the dip sticks held up by zip ties. They pulled out far enough that the stick wasn't touching the oil. Made me a little concerned when I went to check it and thought there was none, until I figured out the problem and made a little bracket for them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    969.4 KB · Views: 298

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
And you leave out all the details that you didn't wanna pay for our full kit and that it wasn't worth more money than confederates you forget to say that...Or about the blackmail email that you sent us lastnight when we were closed if we didn't send you free parts or money you were gonna post a thread on the army...incase you didn't know we are not open on sunday....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well it's not worth more when you hack it together and use their parts... And I sent that to buddy's email which he responds to all the time. He could have very easily sent me a message saying that he would contact me today.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Almost forgot that you complained enough to were buddy had to give you the turbo kit and turbo at dealer cost...Also all you had to do was pick up the phone call buddy and tell him your issues and he would have took care of it we do not have a magic ball to read that let's us know your pipes rubbed the cab or that you had a spider in your back seat.....you should know just as much as anyone else on this forum that nobody stands behind there work like we do

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

stacked6.7

Reaction score
And I think I should get some reimbursement for having to wait so long and all the crap I had to go through. I mean you couldn't at least throw on a clean air filter for me? As for not wanting to pay for the whole thing I was a little tight on cash at the time. But seeing that I gave you 16K I figured you would work with me a little bit. But several time I was told I was given stuff at cost, then in the invoice I'm getting charged more...

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Well it's not worth more when you hack it together and use their parts... And I sent that to buddy's email which he responds to all the time. He could have very easily sent me a message saying that he would contact me today.

Coming from Buddys stand point on this. No one is obligated to answer an email on the weekends, off the clock is family time and he was probably with his family!

Sucks to read this, but I've known Craig and those guys very well for a long time. I doubt things are the way they are being made out to be, and I knew about the rod situation first hand. The whole ordeal is a bummer.

Also, when you are one of the first on a platform to blaze a trail, be willing to wait.

I've been without my 13 for 14 months because of R&D purposes. It sucks, but its the price we pay to play. If we want our trucks there all the time in a reliable manor, leave them stock and dont ***k with them! (Because we all know that'll happen, lol)

stacked6.7

Reaction score
You don't have magic ball?!?! You had the whole damn truck! You even drove it around!

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Coming from Buddys stand point on this. No one is obligated to answer an email on the weekends, off the clock is family time and he was probably with his family!

Sucks to read this, but I've known Craig and those guys very well for a long time. I doubt things are the way they are being made out to be, and I knew about the rod situation first hand. The whole ordeal is a bummer.

Also, when you are one of the first on a platform to blaze a trail, be willing to wait.

I've been without my 13 for 14 months because of R&D purposes. It sucks, but its the price we pay to play. If we want our trucks there all the time in a reliable manor, leave them stock and dont ***k with them! (Because we all know that'll happen, lol)

I'm not trying to single buddy out whatsoever. He was very helpful and always good to talk to. But I just assuming when I came to get the truck it would be up to par.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Jared I understand what your saying as far as being one of the first ones out there... But I'm not the first one to have a set of rods put in a 6.7... And the only difference in my kit was the turbo. So I think a trail was made well before me.

buck russell

Reaction score
Gotta remember, this truck was assembled and running before the chit him the fan with them!

Valid point. But as you also said earlier, Jared, as an early adpoter, you often have to wait. Sometimes, it's better to wait for the good things to hit the market as opposed to settling for the first thing to hit the market.

I was the 2nd IDP tuned 6.7 (Nate being the first) and I was chomping at the bit for tunes. I waited because I had heard Eric wrote the best tunes. Did it suck to wait? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Valid point. But as you also said earlier, Jared, as an early adpoter, you often have to wait. Sometimes, it's better to wait for the good things to hit the market as opposed to settling for the first thing to hit the market.

I was the 2nd IDP tuned 6.7 (Nate being the first) and I was chomping at the bit for tunes. I waited because I had heard Eric wrote the best tunes. Did it suck to wait? Yes. Was it worth it? Yes.

100% Agree

stacked6.7

Reaction score
So I should have waited and took my truck to some place other than MPD? I thought they did good work?

Reaction score
So I should have waited and took my truck to some place other than MPD? I thought they did good work?
No . You have to understand with the motor seizing that that **** happens all the time. You can't stop that from happening. You got a new motor and it runs good. Sometimes you end up forking up a crap ton more money than you expected but you have to understand how much did they waste and how much did they make profit from that. Mpd is a great shop that has kept me happy with all the parts and info i ever needed with this truck. Just don't cry about a couple little bolts that weren't put on especially if you acted a little bitchy with them.

Latest posts

Members online