6.7 project, the good and the bad.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Just so everyone knows he was not charged for a penny when the 2 rods siezed up and welded together we ate 50 plus hours of labor 2000$ in machine shop cost and about another 1000$ in parts to reassemble the motor again....never did he see a bill for that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

stacked6.7

Reaction score
And I appreciate you taking care of that. I really do. But I would like to see a shop on here that wouldn't do that. That's kind of expected if you ask me. This is not my first time working with an engine builder. But it sucks to find out after the motor seized up that you took it to a different place than you usually do, a different place than built your engine. Makes me think you take all your personal stuff to someone that knows what they are doing, but customers stuff goes to somebody that doesn't (obviously).

Reaction score
And I appreciate you taking care of that. I really do. But I would like to see a shop on here that wouldn't do that. That's kind of expected if you ask me. This is not my first time working with an engine builder. But it sucks to find out after the motor seized up that you took it to a different place than you usually do, a different place than built your engine. Makes me think you take all your personal stuff to someone that knows what they are doing, but customers stuff goes to somebody that doesn't (obviously).

How did you suffer from this? They paid for the damage.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Or when something wasn't done on the same caliber of quality that Craig knows and expects he moved his venture to another vendor?

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well if you had read the whole post my truck was gone for 8 months and when I got it back I still had to fix it... Is that how it's supposed to work?

buck russell

Reaction score
Well if you had read the whole post my truck was gone for 8 months and when I got it back I still had to fix it... Is that how it's supposed to work?

Typically it's not how it should work, but you're on here making a fuss. Did you call MPD and talk to them like a rational human being or did you just post here because you needed to vent? I'm not trying to assume anything here, but the biggest downfall of this industry is that nobody picks up the phone, they just gripe about it online.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Or when something wasn't done on the same caliber of quality that Craig knows and expects he moved his venture to another vendor?

If by same caliber or quality you mean my motor seizing... Then yea that probably wasn't what he wanted lol. But what if the motor blew on my way home? Just seems like a risk using a shop that is less experienced. Especially when doing your first motor of this platform for a customer.

ingrahams

Reaction score
I waited 9 months for my truck to be finished after being told it would be done in 3.
Sh!t happens with builds like these, Very little of the parts needed are a stock item and some parts take a long time to come in. That and your "High" dollar build isnt a money maker for a shop, too much labor in it to make any real money so the small jobs get priority to keep the cash coming in. Also when you start adding custom parts under the hood there are times stock parts dont linup anymore. These are things you need to understand before handing the keys over for a major build. Didn't you do a walkaround on the truck when you picked it up? I'm sure any issues would have been resolved had they been braught up at MPD. There are plenty of guys on this forum that have been waiting years for there trucks so consider yourself lucky, I know I do.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
While my truck was down there I called all the time. I have no problem calling buddy to explain what happened. But honestly I'm pretty tired of calling them because something is messed up. Just seems like with these guys it's always been bad news. And it just seems like a waste to call them and give them a list of little **** they messed up... It will take just as much time for me to fix it as it would to call and get nowhere.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
If its not worth your time to give them a call to make it right why would anything think its worth their time to take your thread seriously?

If you never give them the chance to "make it right", no one will ever give you the chance to "take you seriously"

Reaction score
What did they honestly mess up? Grow up and get a dam wrench and put the bolts it's missing.. Not that hard. If you're so upset with what has happened why not tell them. Don't come on here saying that you weren't satisfied because of a couple blots and the time wait. You're not the only person in that shop expecting something.. Be happy your trucks done and be happy that it's over with.. Now put a 400 series charger on that thing and let her eat!

buck russell

Reaction score
If its not worth your time to give them a call to make it right why would anything think its worth their time to take your thread seriously?

If you never give them the chance to "make it right", no one will ever give you the chance to "take you seriously"

^ this x10

Any extensive build will take time, you obviously knew that going into this, right? I feel that most extensive builds on trucks are very similar to building a house...you're quoted a time frame and then you have to add on a few months. My truck was quoted to be finished in a week and it took two, not the end of the world. If you don't give Craig a chance to make right on the deal, you have no room to come in here and cut him down.

Also, don't forget that shops like MPD are only as good as their suppliers and manufacturers. We often have builds hung up because suppliers are lying right to our face about delivery dates because they're trying to cover their ass. Can't put the blame on Craig/MPD for that, that stuff happens all day in this industry.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Coming from Buddys stand point on this. No one is obligated to answer an email on the weekends, off the clock is family time and he was probably with his family!

Sucks to read this, but I've known Craig and those guys very well for a long time. I doubt things are the way they are being made out to be, and I knew about the rod situation first hand. The whole ordeal is a bummer.

Also, when you are one of the first on a platform to blaze a trail, be willing to wait.

I've been without my 13 for 14 months because of R&D purposes. It sucks, but its the price we pay to play. If we want our trucks there all the time in a reliable manor, leave them stock and dont ***k with them! (Because we all know that'll happen, lol)

:whs: Never call/email on weekends thats the unwritten law of shops and family businesses. They aren't a 24/7 corporate office people. Couldn't agree more with that unless they call you first. I'm well aware of the wait time on stuff like this. You just gotta sit back and wait and let it get done right. It sucks waiting but so worth the wait. And you shouldn't resort to a forum to throw a shop under the bus unless you're squeeky clean. Most of the time the pissed off party has some blame too.

bricewise

Reaction score
Wow this is an exciting thread. First I have issues with the legitimacy of anything you say. Mainly because a year ago, you were on here talking about how CFD's turbo kit was the hottest thing since sliced bread. So based on your eye for quality, I have major issue with you judging anybody else's quality.

Secondly, I've learned this real quick, after-market diesel parts, especially with a newer platform, your gonna wait. No, ifs and's or buts. It sucks, but that's how it is. If you wanted your truck in 2 weeks, you should have taken it to a ford dealership.

And lastly, your expectation of getting something free because they look longer than expected is horse ****. If you don't like the time period, take your money and your broken truck somewhere else. You don't deserve a free air filter, hand job or whatever else you can dream of. Clearly they ran into difficulties, fixed the issue and explained too you. I dont see what the issue is here.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Wow this is an exciting thread. First I have issues with the legitimacy of anything you say. Mainly because a year ago, you were on here talking about how CFD's turbo kit was the hottest thing since sliced bread. So based on your eye for quality, I have major issue with you judging anybody else's quality.

Secondly, I've learned this real quick, after-market diesel parts, especially with a newer platform, your gonna wait. No, ifs and's or buts. It sucks, but that's how it is. If you wanted your truck in 2 weeks, you should have taken it to a ford dealership.

And lastly, your expectation of getting something free because they look longer than expected is horse ****. If you don't like the time period, take your money and your broken truck somewhere else. You don't deserve a free air filter, hand job or whatever else you can dream of. Clearly they ran into difficulties, fixed the issue and explained too you. I dont see what the issue is here.

And did you really complain about an itsy bitsy spider? Holy moly.

Who's getting handjobs from spiders? They can make bank, got like 8 arms.... More handy to get you Randy!! (In the voice of Austin Powers)

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Attacking a vendor or company on an open forum should ONLY be last resort... Even then, sufficient evidence MUST be present. It sounds like you were in a hurry to get the truck back on the road with a lot more power, cheap cost, and a fast turnaround time. Jared is right, anytime we go into a build with our trucks (especially if they are a new platform), we are going in blind... At the beginning I was anxious to get my truck back on the road during my process, but then I just settled in and waited. Because I knew that if I respected the time of others and their work, then I would end up with complete satisfaction in the long run. There is an example out there that a old drag racer drew for me once. It is a triangle with the points labeled as Cheap Cost, Fast Turnaround, Flawless Work. You can only pick two... That is just how it goes. Sorry for your troubles OP, and I hope you and the shop work it out in the end.

stacked6.7

Reaction score
Well I can't say I disagree with what you guys are saying. But the fact of the matter is that I paid them to do a job and expected results that were worth my money. I do understand things taking longer for unexpected reasons, but why tell me to bring my truck down when they couldn't get it in their shop for 4 months? I understand they wanted the buisness but that seems a little extreme. And I don't mind working on my truck. I actually enjoy it. I made my own fancy little bracket for the dip sticks, and probably tomorrow I will touch up the pipe they ground to fit. But it's more of a principle thing. People always talked about how good their work is, and I pick it up and see these things.(also the truck was finished two weeks before I could come down and get it) they had plenty of time to look it over and make sure it was good to go. And as far as me pushing them about the date I don't think I have them too hard a time considering the circumstances... I was mostly pissed during the whole process because I was originally quoted head studs in my build. But when I started talking with buddy they said they never mentioned that.

Latest posts

Members online