6.7 service intervals

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
these bad boys!! the 5qt jugs with these lids on them will empty out in less then a couple minutes.. with cold oil that is.. in the summer, I bet a minute and they will drain out.. second pic is to show size reference .
97ae68e315a037bcf3a6d1dc9e47c0d3.jpg
364b7f9e1334d8cfefaa5488af266fdd.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
lol Jomax trans service interval. I'm going to be the happiest guy when the truck hits 100k on the original trans. Will be there in the next couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On your first trans drain & fill, did you flush for the switch to LE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

morepower02

Reaction score
Brake fluid and steering at 36k?? Are you are sucking it thru at every bleeder while adding to the reservoir?? I have never heard of this or the steering on a newer vehicle.

Last edited:

16PS250

Reaction score
I did my trans filter and 8 quarts of amsoil full synthetic signature @ 19K on my 2016. I'm going to do a plug pull and put in another 8 quarts of amsoil when finances allow. I do my oil every 3K -4K untill I hit 13,000 now I have 7K on the oil and I'm about to change it again. Rotella T6 with ford filter every time. I'm also D----ed / tuned so I dont have the garbard going back into my motor so 7K is probably safe. I've never seen the change oil light. I changed my fuel filter at 15.5K. I use a fuel additive at EVERY fill up. I like the amsoil additive. IMO

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I did my trans filter and 8 quarts of amsoil full synthetic signature @ 19K on my 2016. I'm going to do a plug pull and put in another 8 quarts of amsoil when finances allow. I do my oil every 3K -4K untill I hit 13,000 now I have 7K on the oil and I'm about to change it again. Rotella T6 with ford filter every time. I'm also D----ed / tuned so I dont have the garbard going back into my motor so 7K is probably safe. I've never seen the change oil light. I changed my fuel filter at 15.5K. I use a fuel additive at EVERY fill up. I like the amsoil additive. IMO
dude! you need LE (lubrication engineers) in your life.. get ahold of jimdawg185 on here and get some better fluids for that thing..

JRLott

Reaction score
dude! you need LE (lubrication engineers) in your life.. get ahold of jimdawg185 on here and get some better fluids for that thing..

This. My last oil change was at 12k and the analysis came back better than T6 did after 5k. I run 8854 in the engine, 1150 in the transmission, and Full Torque. Haven't drained the pumpkins yet, but it's on the list.

Jomax

Reaction score
This. My last oil change was at 12k and the analysis came back better than T6 did after 5k. I run 8854 in the engine, 1150 in the transmission, and Full Torque. Haven't drained the pumpkins yet, but it's on the list.

You went up to 12k!?! Weren't you the one who couldn't go past 5k? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRLott

Reaction score
You went up to 12k!?! Weren't you the one who couldn't go past 5k? Lol.

Yep, that's me...bugged the crap outta me to let it go to 10k. Linc is right, oil samples, Jim ribbing me, and United Package Smashers inability to deliver the sample kits resulted in the 12k OCI. I said fvck it and this one is going to 13k so I can get to an OCI divisible by 5k to satisfy my OCD. I'm beginning to think Jim might know a little about oil in general and LE specifically. LOL

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
People that are switching to LE, did you guys notice a difference when it comes to the infamous type writer noise?
when i switched over from mobil 1 i had it the same as i always have. it was there for upwards of 1000 miles with mobil 1.. this last oci it did it for half that but i drove home shortly after so it might have worked out of it just because of the heavy throttle on my way back home..

Black AOD

Reaction score
LE 8854 for the engine 10k or sample to extend
LE 1150 for trans. drain and fill every 20k filter every 40k.
LE 1150 for t case same as differentials
LE 704 for differentials. once a year or 30k.

I use the exact same stuff haha. I may switch to the 1605 though for the diff's