6.7 synthetic oil?

ncollins64

Reaction score
What have you contributed to this discusion ?So,I'm not a member of the bend over gang.Geesh
I'm sorry but I'm not going to jump in a thread and bash someone's products or talk sh!t about something that doesn't concern me. Myself and others on here are pretty tight knit with each other and don't start sh!t with everyone that we come in contact with. I have nothing against you, just call it like i see it.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
That's is correct, Jasper & CAT.

If I'm not mistaken, a few years back there was a big shake up and mass exodus of engineers/designers/whatever they're called at RP. I was gonna run it until I heard that. Figured why run something built on a reputation that may no longer be earned. Then talked to Jim. I decided to go with it. If I wasn't running it, I'd be running Mobile1 or T6.

Don't tell anybody. I'm running a bulk load of RP that is now 7 years shelf life old. I had stock piled 300 gallons of it back then... still running it today. I send a dipped sample off for giggles from time to time. Keep it mixed periodically. Still tests as if it were.... new...!

DC87

Reaction score
Mine had the tick with schaeffers even after 2k miles then switched to LE no tick yet!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Appears to be. Relax it's f'ing oil. I doubt that a product is out there that will single handily ruin your engine in 250,000 miles.... personally I use valvoline 5w40 in both 6.0's for the faster cold starts. I would save the oil analysis for over the road 1 million mile rigs.

I hate to say I agree with this. But it's vastly true.

The analysis is just for fun for me. Kinda like using baby wipes instead of Charmin. I just feel alot cleaner.... lol

JRLott

Reaction score
Don't tell anybody. I'm running a bulk load of RP that is now 7 years shelf life old. I had stock piled 300 gallons of it back then... still running it today. I send a dipped sample off for giggles from time to time. Keep it mixed periodically. Still tests as if it were.... new...!

I won't tell. I'd run the **** outta it if it were me.

Jomax

Reaction score
I'm running M1 syn 5w40 no tick. And I'm @ 67k miles. Will be at 70k in a couple weeks.

I change every 5k

I've been meaning to try LE, but every time I remember, I need an oil change and need it now lol... been doing this since 30k miles LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Redline Full Syn Here.It would be nice to see how it performs,against the BEST OIL on earth!!!Can't seem to find any comparison charts though......

Comparison charts are limited. Anyone can build an oil that tests good new without acids, ingressed particles, fuel and soot loaded in it. There are hundreds of members on here that have switched to my products from just about anything sold. And I've had the same experience all over the world, in just about every machine made. From 100$ lawn mowers to 40 million dollar gas turbines. Every single time, without question, there are improvements. You don't have to buy my stuff, I don't care. But I do care about data, and objective analysis trending. And anyone saying anything is the best without a large cohort study post use, is just saying things from analogically grounded pre conceived bias.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Mine had the tick with schaeffers even after 2k miles then switched to LE no tick yet!

I haven't heard the tick from Schaffer before...

Thanks for the update!

jimdawg185

Reaction score

RP is now owned by a large equity firm. All the great engineers and chemists left and started other projects, which are now part of massive lawsuits. FYI, the former owner of RP has been a consultant to LE (mostly on retail marketing and what not). LE and RP had mostly different markets with the exception of a few engine oils, trans fluids, and gear oils, after he sold, they slam shifted into our industrial and fleet market heavily. They are not the same company they were a few years ago. And I hear nothing positive from their customers as they switch to me on a weekly basis. Good for me I guess. And Royal Purple is a decade behind LEs asset management and reliability products. But so is everyone else, including Mobil. We have more CLSs than Shell corp. we are the little company that's changing everything.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
RP is now owned by a large equity firm. All the great engineers and chemists left and started other projects, which are now part of massive lawsuits. FYI, the former owner of RP has been a consultant to LE (mostly on retail marketing and what not). LE and RP had mostly different markets with the exception of a few engine oils, trans fluids, and gear oils, after he sold, they slam shifted into our industrial and fleet market heavily. They are not the same company they were a few years ago. And I hear nothing positive from their customers as they switch to me on a weekly basis. Good for me I guess. And Royal Purple is a decade behind LEs asset management and reliability products. But so is everyone else, including Mobil. We have more CLSs than Shell corp. we are the little company that's changing everything.

How do you guys compare with Brad Penn (old Kendall)/ Penn Grade 1 as they are called now?

Billy T.
[email protected]

bpan

Reaction score
Jim, we spoke about an oil analysis and you sent me 2 kits, i contaminated the **** outa my oil so I will be a while before I send one in. Do you know where I can buy this in Canada? Or Northern ND? I would like to try it(especially if my typewriter goes away) but don't know where to get it.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Jim, we spoke about an oil analysis and you sent me 2 kits, i contaminated the **** outa my oil so I will be a while before I send one in. Do you know where I can buy this in Canada? Or Northern ND? I would like to try it(especially if my typewriter goes away) but don't know where to get it.

PM or text me. We can work something out

CATDiezel

Reaction score

I am happy for your excitement and drive in the industry. The oil I have is pre dismemberment of RP.

The kid at Walmart says it looks fine when he changes it and I bring my oil in dirty milk jugs. (Adds calcium) lol...

Jim you gotta understand something about my smart a@@ comments. I deal with 10 oil reps a year (get alot of free lunches) and buy nearly 25,000 gallons annually. (Not me personally but I purchase and budget and pay the invoice) I've heard every scientific speeel you could inagine.

But I will hand you this. Your different. However because of our ever so growing EPA and rulings for permitted transmission pipeline facilities I'm stuck with Pegasus 805....

I wouldn't be scared to run LE for anyone reading.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
I am happy for your excitement and drive in the industry. The oil I have is pre dismemberment of RP.

The kid at Walmart says it looks fine when he changes it and I bring my oil in dirty milk jugs. (Adds calcium) lol...

Jim you gotta understand something about my smart a@@ comments. I deal with 10 oil reps a year (get alot of free lunches) and buy nearly 25,000 gallons annually. (Not me personally but I purchase and budget and pay the invoice) I've heard every scientific speeel you could inagine.

But I will hand you this. Your different. However because of our ever so growing EPA and rulings for permitted transmission pipeline facilities I'm stuck with Pegasus 805....

I wouldn't be scared to run LE for anyone reading.

I don't think you're being a smart ass. Your just like every one of my fleet managers the first time I meet them. You have a difficult job, and oil salesmen are slimy as ****. I'm aware of the pre bias against me before I step into every shop. I work my ass off to make them look good to their bosses. And when I do I earn their business. All my fleets get free bypass filtration, free damn Near everything to help offset the initial cost of the premium product. I loose money on most of my fleet deals in the first year because I know what I can do for my customers. They risk very little and I risk everything to prove myself and my product.

If you're ever interested in bypass or maybe a different analysis, let me know. I don't just sell oil to fleets, I help with top to bottom asset management.
And if you ever want to make that 25000 gallons 8000 gallons, I can do that too.

I appreciate your honesty. Keeping me on my toes for my daily customers is good for me.

Jomax

Reaction score
Just ordered some LE oil! Can't wait to change the oil!

JRLott

Reaction score
Just ordered some LE oil! Can't wait to change the oil!

LOL. I have a couple hundred miles to go. Waiting is killing me. Logically I know Jim is right and it's fine. My OCD can't stand that I went past 5,000 miles. Getting it convinced to go past 3,000 and that 5,000 was ok was a chore. I changed my gasser every 3,000 and ran Mobile 1 in it. Lol

Jomax

Reaction score
LOL. I have a couple hundred miles to go. Waiting is killing me. Logically I know Jim is right and it's fine. My OCD can't stand that I went past 5,000 miles. Getting it convinced to go past 3,000 and that 5,000 was ok was a chore. I changed my gasser every 3,000 and ran Mobile 1 in it. Lol

Lol, I'm sticking with 10k intervals same as my fuel filters.

JRLott

Reaction score
This one will be a 10k change...sort of. I changed the filter at 5k, drained about a quart, and took a sample. Didn't realize how much was in & above the filter. Had to put four quarts back in to top it off, so it was about 30% changed. Still bugging the crap outta me.

Latest posts

Members online