6.7 tubo lifespan expectancy?

sootie

Reaction score
I'm not 100% up on the clone software and all that crazy stuff, but I saw a bullydog tuner that looked very similar to the H&S, as far as the monitor. I'm guessing the software and interface that is actually different? maybe different hardware?

they have used the same interface for years. the whole circuit board inside is different.

there are people forcing flashes on them to try and make them work but most of the time it is a scam

1stock13

Reaction score
Negative. Only on 6.0 applications.

You have the best piece of tuning hardware available for your truck.

awesome, that's what I was hoping. Now back to turbo issues, has their been any proff that the 13-14 turbos are less pron to failure because of the internals being slightly different?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
No, they're all the same. Early turbos weren't held to as tight of a balancing tolerance, but any that are going to fail likely have by now.

13-14 would be less prone to failure as they all have the tighter balance tolerance applied.

Turbo failure on a 6.7 isn't particularly expensive, nor is it catastrophic to the engine. They'll typically give you fair warning as the bearings start to go out. You can find good used 11-14 turbos cheap from guys upgrading. It is not a cab-off procedure.

I wouldn't waste a single moment of my life worrying about turbo life expectancy or failure rate on a 6.7, personally...

1stock13

Reaction score
No, they're all the same. Early turbos weren't held to as tight of a balancing tolerance, but any that are going to fail likely have by now.

13-14 would be less prone to failure as they all have the tighter balance tolerance applied.

Turbo failure on a 6.7 isn't particularly expensive, nor is it catastrophic to the engine. They'll typically give you fair warning as the bearings start to go out. You can find good used 11-14 turbos cheap from guys upgrading. It is not a cab-off procedure.

I wouldn't waste a single moment of my life worrying about turbo life expectancy or failure rate on a 6.7, personally...

It's really the only issue I have seen on these trucks so far, maybe its the most common. But if mine goes I will be upgrading, just don't want to bite it off any time soon.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Not a single turbo issue or replacement?

No. Not one. It was a scsb truck. It was only unhooked from a 35' pj gooseneck a few times. Great unloaded fuel economy. Decent towing heavy. He got 100k out of the stock brakes. He said they did have some issue with thermostats. But it was an easy repair.

His 15. Totally different story. He had it 9 months and it blew up at 68k. He has a cummings now. 15 model year bought new in June of 15. Got right at 100k on it i think.

Latest posts

Members online