6.7 tubo lifespan expectancy?

1stock13

Reaction score
Looking to see how far out people have taken the OEM 11-14 turbo. I'm sitting at 109,xxx on my '13 and never tow, deellleeeted and baby my truck most of the time. How far have you guys gone on the turbo, and any horror stories?

dsmracing1

Reaction score
50K and change on my 14. ******d since 2000 miles and has been towing a few times a month and beat on a few times a week. No issues as of yet but I decided not to wait for something to happen and my new turbo should be on my doorstep by the time I finish my road trip...

I know I know, lame story haha.

Powerstroked6.7

Reaction score
My 11' blew at 40,000 with all ******s and h&s box. Tune since 12,000 miles , I overspeeded it one time in the rain when I lost traction and pop!!! Snapped the shaft in half.I was generally easy on it and towed horses. Tried a 15' turbo out but never could get the tuning correct to stop the turbo surge, now running a s366 non vgt kit and tuning fom mpd and it is awesome

dsmracing1

Reaction score
My 11' blew at 40,000 with all ******s and h&s box. Tune since 12,000 miles , I overspeeded it one time in the rain when I lost traction and pop!!! Snapped the shaft in half.I was generally easy on it and towed horses. Tried a 15' turbo out but never could get the tuning correct to stop the turbo surge, now running a s366 non vgt kit and tuning fom mpd and it is awesome

I'm assuming the turbo popped with the old H&S tunes though?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
are the gear head tunes worth the unlock and extra money? I like the H&S can tunes but I'm always wondering if theirs something mind blowing out there.

I think they are...

"mind blowing"? nah...

but definitely superior to the canned H&S tunes, and the MCC unlock leaves you open to anything you would want to do in the future

TyCorr

Reaction score
My dads 2011 had 236k on it when he traded it for his 2015. No issues on the whole truck.

1stock13

Reaction score
I think they are...

"mind blowing"? nah...

but definitely superior to the canned H&S tunes, and the MCC unlock leaves you open to anything you would want to do in the future

I paid a god amount for the H&S, I assumed they were superior, but could I have just bought a bullydog or something low budget, unlocked it, and ran gear head tunes on that and yielded the same results?

sootie

Reaction score
I paid a god amount for the H&S, I assumed they were superior, but could I have just bought a bullydog or something low budget, unlocked it, and ran gear head tunes on that and yielded the same results?

no.

1stock13

Reaction score
This isn't actually possible on planet earth at this time.

I'm not 100% up on the clone software and all that crazy stuff, but I saw a bullydog tuner that looked very similar to the H&S, as far as the monitor. I'm guessing the software and interface that is actually different? maybe different hardware?

Latest posts

Members online