6.7 Turbo kit progress

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
$400 option that I don't think personally is worth it, but others swear by it.

jcain

Reaction score
for a 2012 ccsb fx4 3.31 275/70r18 truck, what would you recommend (as far as possible upgrades)? i'm currently fully deleted and H&S tuner. I've already replaced the factory turbo once and upgrading wasn't available at that time, but I refuse to put another stocker on it for $1,600 again. I see people saying this that and the other for EGTs, and I'll be honest I can get into the 1200s pretty damn easy by 70mph from a dig (tow/haul on) so I know it has to be the long gears in it. I mosty drive highway/city mix and tow a 10,000lb enclosed trailer often. I'm not terribly interested in doing fuel upgrades, but it should be an option down the road if the big 3 keep upping their stock power.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
for a 2012 ccsb fx4 3.31 275/70r18 truck, what would you recommend (as far as possible upgrades)? i'm currently fully deleted and H&S tuner. I've already replaced the factory turbo once and upgrading wasn't available at that time, but I refuse to put another stocker on it for $1,600 again. I see people saying this that and the other for EGTs, and I'll be honest I can get into the 1200s pretty damn easy by 70mph from a dig (tow/haul on) so I know it has to be the long gears in it. I mosty drive highway/city mix and tow a 10,000lb enclosed trailer often. I'm not terribly interested in doing fuel upgrades, but it should be an option down the road if the big 3 keep upping their stock power.

I would recommend the 63mm kit, Craig's dually ran awesome when it had stock fuel and continues to do so with dual fuelers. The 63 flows amore air than the stock turbo, Craig's truck rarely ever saw 1000 degrees, even towing. The 6.7s have great airflow from the factory.

Jesse_01

Reaction score
Are engine mods going to be required? Knock on wood I have gotten 92,000 miles out of my 6.7 delete on high tune with no turbo issues. Debating continue running it and get a 2015 or upgrade turbo if it ever goes.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We have been running a stock motor in craigs truck for 4+ Months, and two of those months were with dual fuelers. We are not recommending you need any kind of internal engine modifications at this time.

bricewise

Reaction score
We have been running a stock motor in craigs truck for 4+ Months, and two of those months were with dual fuelers. We are not recommending you need any kind of internal engine modifications at this time.

2 months at the 600+ hp or lighter tune?

Jesse_01

Reaction score

Okay, I have just over 90k on my stock turbos tuned to performance. So no need for new turbo yet.

Does the stock turbo put out enough air to need dual fuelers? I have a spe tune coming whenever they get it done for a little more use of stock system.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
2 months at the 600+ hp or lighter tune?

607 was put down on the smaller tune. Didn't load the big tune at that event.

Okay, I have just over 90k on my stock turbos tuned to performance. So no need for new turbo yet.

Does the stock turbo put out enough air to need dual fuelers? I have a spe tune coming whenever they get it done for a little more use of stock system.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk 2

Stock turbo is not sufficient for a dual fueler setup. We have only run the dual fuelers with out 63mm turbo kit, we saw a gain from the 530 range to the 600 range just adding the fuelers. There is a truck we built that has a stock turbo and a dual fueler setup and he likes it, the truck definitely gained power from just the fuelers though, maintaining rail pressure is key. The stock turbo wont last much longer though.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Any numbers on a 66 and dual fuelers?

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Not at this time, looking to have some data shortly on one.

What is the price for the kit without the turbo?

Any reason for wanting a kit without a turbo? They're built specifically on a mockup motor and jig for these chargers.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We haven't had much luck with other turbo brands honestly. But if you shipped us the turbo to make sure the kit fit right that wouldn't be much of an issue. Just hate to send a kit out with fitment issues because they want to use another turbo manufacturer

Latest posts

Members online