6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Wayne

Reaction score
Pretty sure all the blown up oil pumps have happened along with a 5K+ rpm event, and all stock oil pumps, right Dan? If not, I'm curious as to the circumstances. I hope this round you either have a lower rpm limit, or some of those gears made from unobtanium and unicorn tears. :D

In other news, to anyone curious, The elite cam in Dan's motor(s) is a good grind, but it does require the alignment to be one tooth off from factory gear position in relation to the crank, thereby changing the position of the cam when the PCM thinks it's at cyl. 1 TDC compression stroke. Once that was factored into the tuning, rod bearings stopped dying, and the engine ran significantly smoother; at least until a couple oil pumps blew up and starved the motor of lubrication.

Dan

Reaction score
Pretty sure all the blown up oil pumps have happened along with a 5K+ rpm event, and all stock oil pumps, right Dan? If not, I'm curious as to the circumstances. I hope this round you either have a lower rpm limit, or some of those gears made from unobtanium and unicorn tears. :D

In other news, to anyone curious, The elite cam in Dan's motor(s) is a good grind, but it does require the alignment to be one tooth off from factory gear position in relation to the crank, thereby changing the position of the cam when the PCM thinks it's at cyl. 1 TDC compression stroke. Once that was factored into the tuning, rod bearings stopped dying, and the engine ran significantly smoother; at least until a couple oil pumps blew up and starved the motor of lubrication.

This adds 6 degrees of timing that wasn't factored into the original tune. Lots of damage was done before this was discovered and corrected. Initial cause of spun rod bearings corrected.

Oil pumps blowing up is a 5k RPM thing. Both were stock powered metal units. This caused the latest spun rod senario.

I will not be running the billet unit.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
For what it's worth I sure know where a guy could get a cheap elite stage 2 cam.

Hahahahhahaah jk I wouldn't sell that headache to my worst enemy.

i would feel bad ... but its not my problem ! LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Interesting...

What's your main injection timing set at wot and what injectors are you running?

Does it matter? Calling a solid cam profile a headache is my point. The drawing for straws and pointing blame is old.

Just because your truck has blown up doesn't mean that it's a POS. I sold quite a few of those cams that are one tooth off, and the trucks are running their asses off.

For example, lead foots 2.6 truck, Schafers, kalebs, and mine.

I understand your frustration, but I think myself, and a lot of other people are tired of hearing the stabs.

Just saying dude. It's not even relevant anymore.

Go make some horsepower, get the chip off your shoulder. Or blow your truck up again, it's your call!

Dan

Reaction score
Does it matter? Calling a solid cam profile a headache is my point. The drawing for straws and pointing blame is old.

Just because your truck has blown up doesn't mean that it's a POS. I sold quite a few of those cams that are one tooth off, and the trucks are running their asses off.

For example, lead foots 2.6 truck, Schafers, kalebs, and mine.

I understand your frustration, but I think myself, and a lot of other people are tired of hearing the stabs.

Just saying dude. It's not even relevant anymore.

Go make some horsepower, get the chip off your shoulder. Or blow your truck up again, it's your call!

I'm glad that's been your experience. Then if that's the case I have no I dea why my rod bearings have been failing up until the point I changed tuning.

Either way, here we are. Rob bearing issue was solved up u till the point of loosing oil pressure.

Not doing stabs at anyone. Like Wayne said, it's a great grind. I'll continue to use the cam.

If everyone's tire of this thread just let me know and I'll stop updating it.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I'm glad that's been your experience. Then if that's the case I have no I dea why my rod bearings have been failing up until the point I changed tuning.

Either way, here we are. Rob bearing issue was solved up u till the point of loosing oil pressure.

Not doing stabs at anyone. Like Wayne said, it's a great grind. I'll continue to use the cam.

If everyone's tire of this thread just let me know and I'll stop updating it.

Just saying.

And while this turds apart, call Darrin at RCD and get some real fuel. Trust me. A set of River City Machine 100%s will change your opinion on those 60% nozzles you've got.

You'll thank me later

Scratch that "industrial hunnits", which probably flow as much as my 20%'s unfortunately

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Think about this. A stock bodied 6.7 injector with a 60% nozzle flowed 240mm. My 20% flowed 238mm. 60% with modified bodies flows 320mm-340mm if I recall correctly. 100% is 400mm. You could use up some true 60%

Dan

Reaction score
Think about this. A stock bodied 6.7 injector with a 60% nozzle flowed 240mm. My 20% flowed 238mm. 60% with modified bodies flows 320mm-340mm if I recall correctly. 100% is 400mm. You could use up some true 60%

If it's reasonably priced I'll have the injectors send out and punched out to 100 over.

2000 pw made 830 uncorrected at ats...

100 overs should make more than that if you ask me. Especially with my charger setup

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
If it's reasonably priced I'll have the injectors send out and punched out to 100 over.

2000 pw made 830 uncorrected at ats...

100 overs should make more than that if you ask me. Especially with my charger setup

mine went up about 150hp from 40% nozzles to 100% RCD .

Latest posts

Members online