6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
Oh hi guys!! You wanna talk about turbos? Hahaha ok let's talk turbos!

OMG when they light.

That is all for now!! Thanks for dropping by!!! :)

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't think 2500 is horrible for the size of the turbos and the elevation? As long as the converter is loose enough..

Not saying it's ideal, I may be out of touch, I'm used to driving a laggy truck that I don't tow or pull a sled with.

BOSS450

Reaction score
Am I the only one that doesn't think 2500 is horrible for the size of the turbos and the elevation? As long as the converter is loose enough..

Not saying it's ideal, I may be out of touch, I'm used to driving a laggy truck that I don't tow or pull a sled with.

The question is what rpm range it's fueling to. Doubt they have much room

Six_Sloww

Reaction score

I suppose a 6 speed trans won't help that.

Either way, I bet there will be more than a few trucks that won't be spooling until 2500, I know mine wouldn't at that elevation, and I have a puny single.

BOSS450

Reaction score
I suppose a 6 speed trans won't help that.

Either way, I bet there will be more than a few trucks that won't be spooling until 2500, I know mine wouldn't at that elevation, and I have a puny single.

It has nothing to do with the trans. Tuning on the 6.7 hasn't come as far as any previous motor that I know of

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with the trans. Tuning on the 6.7 hasn't come as far as any previous motor that I know of

Well you mentioned the window of the powerband, having 6 shorter gears makes that window smaller.

Personally I only drag race so I'm not a fan of more gears to shift through. These 6r's are doing some great things so I'll just watch and see what happens. For all I know it could be the factor that makes this setup more viable.

taterthedog

Reaction score
Oh hi guys!! You wanna talk about turbos? Hahaha ok let's talk turbos!

OMG when they light.

That is all for now!! Thanks for dropping by!!! :)

Glad you are happy, Dan. Good luck in the competition, and enjoy that truck afterwards too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast-6.0

Reaction score

It was still fueling at 4200rpm even though power peaked at 3950rpm. I took it to 4500rpm on the dyno. When we were blasting down the streets it was at 4500rpm a good portion of the time.

Latest posts

Members online