6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Dan

Reaction score
Thanks guys for all your input!! I appreciate it!

One thing is the truck liked to run hot, oil temps, coolant temps, egts, intake air temps...

As far as what my plan is, I'm not 100% sure right now, but I know we are going to be going through the entire cooling system as well as looking into some forged pistons while we are in the engine

One thing is for sure that truck is a real good time!!! When we get the kinks worked out, it'll be a real good runner!!!

Crack85

Reaction score

One thing is the truck liked to run hot, oil temps, coolant temps, egts, intake air temps...

As far as what my plan is, I'm not 100% sure right now, but I know we are going to be going through the entire cooling system as well as looking into some forged pistons while we are in the engine

One thing is for sure that truck is a real good time!!! When we get the kinks worked out, it'll be a real good runner!!!

So is it going back to CA or staying in Denver?

Reaction score
I think what MorganY may have been trying to express is that with the water being a better fluid for heat transfer, that for same size cubic volume the water to air is more effective, even in an air-water-air design, than an equal volume air-air intercooler. The Ford engineers were able to package in a tight system that takes up substantially less surface area than prior trucks, and giving way to a better cooling system. Trade-offs are always present in vehicle design.

Yes exactly,

But I'm not 100% sure that by the time you add on the large secondary radiator along with the secondary cooling system lines, tank and pump as well as the air to water cooler that it is less compact. Overall the only real reason is to regulate intake air temps.

I agree on all the points of a true water to air being better on a competition truck using cold water as a fluid medium, but we are talking about something totally different than a true water to air system with the 6.7 setup. 6.7 system is still classified as "air to water to air". Not "water to air" as most keep stating. Caterpillar uses this "air to water to air" style system as well and let me tell you I have lots of fond memories...... When I used to work on them. We did a lot of dyno and engine temp testing on the cat engine platforms. Learned a lot of cool stuff.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Yes exactly,

But I'm not 100% sure that by the time you add on the large secondary radiator along with the secondary cooling system lines, tank and pump as well as the air to water cooler that it is less compact. Overall the only real reason is to regulate intake air temps.

I agree on all the points of a true water to air being better on a competition truck using cold water as a fluid medium, but we are talking about something totally different than a true water to air system with the 6.7 setup. 6.7 system is still classified as "air to water to air". Not "water to air" as most keep stating. Caterpillar uses this "air to water to air" style system as well and let me tell you I have lots of fond memories...... When I used to work on them. We did a lot of dyno and engine temp testing on the cat engine platforms. Learned a lot of cool stuff.

Well put and stated as far as caterpillar platform testing. Acert... it literally RINGS MY BELL.

Acert technology with on Highway cat engines used air to water to Air strictly for IAT control for emissions for those wondering why. It was two fold for other obvious reasons on a compound turbo engine.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score

Trade out you HP turbo for a 62 or 64mm HP and it will be even more fun on the street.

I hope to see it up and going soon!

Dan

Reaction score
Trade out you HP turbo for a 62 or 64mm HP and it will be even more fun on the street.

I hope to see it up and going soon!

Naw, I like the setup I have going on there right now!! It's an absolute blast!!!

I'll keep it just like that, go through the engine quick and get back up and screaming down the highway! The turbo sizing is big but it's still 100% streetable!

I'm like 100x more excited to get this thing back up and on the road now cause it's such a fun truck!!!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Dan, I may have missed it somewhere but what exactly happened to the truck? As to why its out of DPC. Also since stuff is being changed want to share what dyno numbers you have already gotten?

Dan

Reaction score
Dan, I may have missed it somewhere but what exactly happened to the truck? As to why its out of DPC. Also since stuff is being changed want to share what dyno numbers you have already gotten?

We have a seized up engine due to heat and we put down 1018 fuel only as mentioned in this thread as well as a corrected 1130 on fuel at ats for dpc (believe they use uncorrected numbers for magazine) had some technical difficulties with the nx so we haven't put down any real big numbers yet!

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Well good luck with getting it going again dan. Hopefully you don't have to redo everything again completely.

Sent from my I fone 5

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
sucks about the melt-down, but those are some impressive numbers! especially being fuel only! congrats man, you'll get it sorted out

Kind

Reaction score
It's ok to use uncorrected numbers man lol. At least they are real...... Well, real for a dyno anyway.

Sent from my subconscious to your screen.

Dan

Reaction score
It's ok to use uncorrected numbers man lol. At least they are real...... Well, real for a dyno anyway.

HAHAHAHA uncorrected was 830 or something, the corrected number makes my dick seem bigger! Ahahahahahahaha

Kind

Reaction score
So does the appearance of your truck lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.