6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud but high cylinder pressure puts a lot of strain on the bottom end components. So if the crank isn't flexing and the rods aren't bent that leaves one thing... Rod bearings

Bearing failure as quick as he is seeing almost has to be a oiling issue unless the cylinder pressures where just insane.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Oiling issue, improper machining, improper installation.....

Both those last 2 would have been triple checked by the last 2 builders I'm sure. The CFD motor lasted a lot longer than any of these, obviously not at the same hp level but still! One of the reasons I really want to know the cause....

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud but high cylinder pressure puts a lot of strain on the bottom end components. So if the crank isn't flexing and the rods aren't bent that leaves one thing... Rod bearings

Bearing failure as quick as he is seeing almost has to be a oiling issue unless the cylinder pressures where just insane.

Did anyone see the glow plugs......? If glow plugs were blowing out, what do you think....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan

Reaction score
The gtx4202 has a 1.0 a/r housing and the 55 has a 1.32 a/r and a fairly big gate around the small turbo.. another thing I'll throw out there is that blue custom auto truck has put down way bigger numbers than I have with 3" holes in that bed side exhaust.. without rod bearing issue

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
The gtx4202 has a 1.0 a/r housing and the 55 has a 1.32 a/r and a fairly big gate around the small turbo.. another thing I'll throw out there is that blue custom auto truck has put down way bigger numbers than I have with 3" holes in that bed side exhaust.. without rod bearing issue

And the exhaust is post turbo. Backpressure after the charger does not matter, especially that far down stream

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
So its a drive pressure issue for sure, not a oiling issue?

97stoker350

Reaction score
I wasn't blaming rod bearings for the failure I was thinking that since there was all that pressure that it put a lot of stress on the bearings causing them to fail so quick. Yes I saw the glowplugs and it looked like they were about to go through the hood. I'd like to know what the wrist pins looked like

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
7c000d64bd1c5650855992db7c51aaa4.jpg

Intresting....

Latest posts

Members online