6.7 Twin Turbo Setup

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Saw that coming. Unfortunate but you gotta remember everyone has the right to turn away business. Good luck finding a capable machine shop to get it done in a timely manor now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman1234509

Reaction score
I can honestly say I don't feel bad for anyone that is currently in this situation with Elite. Since I bought my first truck and have been on these forums, whether is be the nation, the org, or here, there have been multiple... MULTIPLE... threads on people paying money for an engine, or turbo set up, to get an expected ship date, and to have that date passed. And then the next one passed. And the next.... And the next. Not to mention the threads complaining of poor communication, emails and messages not responded to, and the handful of 10k turbo set ups that have been installed, and are grenaded 5k miles later. Then there are the handful of guys when I got on these forums that backed Elite 100%, bought all of their parts, had them do all of their work, and or worked there. Now most of those people are on the other side of the fence, whether they have had one of the above scenarios happen, or personal issues. I can honestly say any time I ordered something from RCD, MPD, or Rudys, I was either informed right away the part wouldnt be available for a while, or the stuff was at my door within the week. Only exception being when I ordered an Elite Competition Trans rebuild kit from Rudys, in fear of ordering it from Elite and waiting 6 months for it. 2 weeks went by with no shipping confirmation. When I called Rudys, he personally got on the phone and advised me of the situation and took care of it.

The least Elite can do is 1. Give REALISTIC completion dates. I dont know of their work situation, if it's 1 guy trying to build 5 motors and 6 trucks at a shop. Or if there are a handful of employees. But give REALISTIC dates for your companies capabilities, or on the capabilities of the people you order parts from. 2. If they are overwhelmed with work, hire more people, or turn the work away if people cant except the realistic completion dates....

You dont see threads like this popping up consistently with any other major player in the powerstroke game

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sad....

I can understand Dans frustration. I've been busy enough to politely tell people I simply cannot get to it. And honesty with them has had them come back a later date when I could. I have always worked alone and self contracted. Never once left a man waiting for months on end with endless false delivery dates.

Most people don't believe this but I MADE MORE with less work overall than I would have cramming work and pissing customers off.

Business ethics 101.... was a good class in college. Lol

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Sad....

I can understand Dans frustration. I've been busy enough to politely tell people I simply cannot get to it. And honesty with them has had them come back a later date when I could. I have always worked alone and self contracted. Never once left a man waiting for months on end with endless false delivery dates.

Most people don't believe this but I MADE MORE with less work overall than I would have cramming work and pissing customers off.

That doesn't exist in 95 % diesel performance.

Hey Jenn this is Brett, sent an email today.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sad....

:clapping: ding ding ding.... we have a winner!!!

CATDiezel

Reaction score
That doesn't exist in 95 % diesel performance.

Hey Jenn this is Brett, sent an email today.

That's why I chose to stay out of diesel performance industry and stick to what paid.... real machinery that turns a profit with a dedicated expected downtime for planned maintenance and repairs. Lol

One look at the TS Performance event was enough for me 5 years ago. A bunch of hot head kids that want something yesterday. .... I'd rather sell door to door insurance. Just a personal preference.

However. It seems that SPE has really grown and pulled their act together. I've been following them. And they appear promising.

01PSD

Reaction score
That's why I chose to stay out of diesel performance industry and stick to what paid.... real machinery that turns a profit with a dedicated expected downtime for planned maintenance and repairs. Lol

One look at the TS Performance event was enough for me 5 years ago. A bunch of hot head kids that want something yesterday. .... I'd rather sell door to door insurance. Just a personal preference.

However. It seems that SPE has really grown and pulled their act together. I've been following them. And they appear promising.

I must agree

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.