6.7L Build Motor, Trans, Compounds & Supporting Mods

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to insert a glory hole in your tailgate for complete satisfaction. Wouldn't hurt. Maybe baby hue 162 boy could copy one from someone else and write ABSOLUTE on it and sell it as a premium vendor.

You guys.... dish it out. But can't never take it back.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sorry I misread. Thanks internet

Haha. No worries man... but in all seriousness I agree with you. In the 10,000hp world we tune hot then back down from there to achieve optimal performance at "said" emissions levels. I find that tuning a ng engine that way or diesel results in a smoother power curve rather than trying to work up.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Haha. No worries man... but in all seriousness I agree with you. In the 10,000hp world we tune hot then back down from there to achieve optimal performance at "said" emissions levels. I find that tuning a ng engine that way or diesel results in a smoother power curve rather than trying to work up.

They are really tricky to tune... The compound 6.7s have some very strange adjustments needed in order to get them to light up down low.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
They are really tricky to tune... The compound 6.7s have some very strange adjustments needed in order to get them to light up down low.

Timing and fuel duration?

What are you doing to pilot injection. I see a lot of chatter about screwing around with pilot which is not so good for optimal lightage...

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Timing and fuel duration?

What are you doing to pilot injection. I see a lot of chatter about screwing around with pilot which is not so good for optimal lightage...

I'm not doing the tuning myself. My engine builder is (Elite). He has it dialed in pretty damn good.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I'm not doing the tuning myself. My engine builder is (Elite). He has it dialed in pretty damn good.

Yeah I've followed your build since cab up. I was just wondering if you were dabbling in it as well.

All of you guys need to be on a load cell dyno instead of a inertia Dino for some real tuning. Make a truck light at 1000 rpm. Lol. However. That's easier said than done getting tuning time on a load cell dyno.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Lol.... analogy time.

A triple turbo or dual turbo anything is like Nolan Ryan pitching full on in his prime to a middle school junior varsity baseball team.

You've outgrown the 5400lb drum for accuracy.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I dyno on load cell.

That's about the only thing I can agree with on anything modded past a few basic items. Need big boy britches with suspenders. Old man with huge glasses pinching off the water brake.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
unu3ygeq.jpg

y3u2uver.jpg

New oil pan came in today awesome piece, thank you Greg for getting it to me quick. Break in oil is getting drained tomorrow.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Appreciate the input guys and first hand experience Kaleb. I will keep it in mind when we put more fuel to this thing, I'm sure Dan's truck with his setup and 38's would have had some gearing issues.

I just read this entire thread awesome build!! I may havw missed it but what hood do you have? I never saw anywhere that you said and I haven't seen one like that for these trucks yet

Sent from a lawn mower

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I just read this entire thread awesome build!! I may havw missed it but what hood do you have? I never saw anywhere that you said and I haven't seen one like that for these trucks yet

Sent from a lawn mower

It's an APM G-Force a little different from others I have seen that is why I went with it.

Figured I'd update made a trip out to Indy with the truck and one of my trailers for the Mecum car auction. Stopped off at SPE on the way out there, Dan and the crew got me squared away with some tuning issues I was having truck runs like a bat out of hell now, couldn't be happier with it. On the way back the hard line on the H&S fueler decided it had enough and started to leak pretty bad. Truck and trailer made it back to my shop last night. Steve and Zane hooked me up with a new line and it is on its way to me already, Appreciate guys. Ill post up with went wrong when I take it apart.

Few cosmetic changes going on this week I hope I have enough time but front winch bumper is coming off in favor of a stock PTM that I should be able to get painted tonight or tomorrow. Got some rigid fogs from Josh to throw in there and I'll get some pictures when I head to the shop later.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Finally found the time to finish the front bumper

20140530_191608_zpsztsuya8c.jpg

20140531_202149_zpsy0vpqvnt.jpg

20140531_210529_zpsyab7wrcb.jpg

20140531_215931_zpsgxsp1inl.jpg

20140612_111852_zpscoc7xqdi.jpg

20140612_111617_zpsn67kl2tm.jpg

Took a trip down to Nashville with the truck last weekend about 910 miles one way from me and it did far better on fuel then I thought was getting about 14-15 mpg hand calculated. I guess having a somewhat built truck is always on-going but I am definitely happy with it.