6.7L Build Motor, Trans, Compounds & Supporting Mods

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Ok so he has map based fueling. Won't add fuel untill it sees boost.

Bit it can work the other way around with too much fuel choking it out.

Yeah I know but if he has the same issue that I did at first then he isn't smoking at all down low and the truck just isn't going anywhere.

MorganY

Reaction score
Yup of all things... weird

But I think I got it figured out after taking the button out and testing it I noticed the airbag light wasn't going out... so I'm thinking the clock spring, maybe the wheel went around a few times. :doh: Can't move it anyway got a down Pete blocking the lift so tomorrow is another day.

Always secure the wheel, I usually use a seatbelt through the bottom and click it in to the receiver. If the cab goes up and somehow the wheel gets turned, you have to reset the clockspring by pulling the wheel off and finding the midpoint. Really sucks to do. Likely if someone turned the wheel, the ribbon inside is damaged.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I agree. Needs to open up the fuel before the boost comes in.

Exactly. Gears are not the issue.

Love this place... I guess I will be keeping the gears and putting more fuel to it down low when the time comes.

Always secure the wheel, I usually use a seatbelt through the bottom and click it in to the receiver. If the cab goes up and somehow the wheel gets turned, you have to reset the clockspring by pulling the wheel off and finding the midpoint. Really sucks to do. Likely if someone turned the wheel, the ribbon inside is damaged.

Yup thats what happened, took me a little while to get it but everything is working again.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Have you driven your truck yet? Or a setup like this? No. So you are right, you don't know.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Oh wow kaleb...

What happened man? You're a litte ***** these days!

Chill dude!

I take out life frustrations here I guess.. Been a huge problem lately. My apologies..

Anyways, I hope tuning fixes your issues OP. Let me know if you experience any other weird stuff.. And same goes for you Dan, any questions on your truck I may or may not have some insight to..

Reaction score
If gearing was the issue then it would smoke like a pig and dog around. His isn't, it simply has no fuel at all because the PCM isn't allowing it to. Totally different setup than dans with huge chargers and big tires at altitude.

powerstroke22

Reaction score
Appreciate the input guys and first hand experience Kaleb. I will keep it in mind when we put more fuel to this thing, I'm sure Dan's truck with his setup and 38's would have had some gearing issues.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
It's always fuel related. Gears. Lol. Why don't you complain when it pulls 25,000lbs. Throw some fuel at it

I sure do miss the guys that would look into things like a mechanical engineer. The ol 7.3L forced men to learn engineering. Now days it's just parts swapping and word throwin.

Lettr rip throw some fuel and timing at it down low.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's always fuel related. Gears. Lol. Why don't you complain when it pulls 25,000lbs. Throw some fuel at it

I sure do miss the guys that would look into things like a mechanical engineer. The ol 7.3L forced men to learn engineering. Now days it's just parts swapping and word throwin.

Lettr rip throw some fuel and timing at it down low.

So by comparing an engine that can be tuned to run efficiently and powerfully with out changing mechanical parts that means I am wrong?

I guess my 6.7 with 3.55's and 35's tires should not be able to gross 30k with a non vgt. Definitely shouldn't be able to do that while staying under 1100* @ 4000ft elevation. Need to have 4.88's to pull that right?

Just because the old platforms were so limited by an inferior engine and fuel system design, not to mention the transmission. Doesn't make the people who modify a 6.7 dumb....

His problem is all tuning. Has not on thing to do with gear ratio. The smoke limitation is set so low on his tuning it will not add the fuel hard enough to spool the turbos at all.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Read post SLOWLY. I AGREED.

The "lettr rip part....."

You guys need to either get laid or go work out. Lol.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
So by comparing an engine that can be tuned to run efficiently and powerfully with out changing mechanical parts that means I am wrong?

I guess my 6.7 with 3.55's and 35's tires should not be able to gross 30k with a non vgt. Definitely shouldn't be able to do that while staying under 1100* @ 4000ft elevation. Need to have 4.88's to pull that right?

Just because the old platforms were so limited by an inferior engine and fuel system design, not to mention the transmission. Doesn't make the people who modify a 6.7 dumb....

His problem is all tuning. Has not on thing to do with gear ratio. The smoke limitation is set so low on his tuning it will not add the fuel hard enough to spool the turbos at all.

*like*

Latest posts

Members online