6637 not flowing enough?

taterthedog

Reaction score
Had my intake off again today. Clean as a whistle with the 6637. Doesn't have the performance of the big boost but filters well. I have seen lots of cheap air filters that got wet and they seemed on the verge of collapsing on themselves. Therefore I will be upgrading to the Donaldson filter that is made for the wetness. Anyone have the Donaldson part #? I'm probably going to work on a dual setup too. Lots of great info here, thanks for all the replies.
How well does the Ford AIS system flow? Anyone try them?

superduty4x4

Reaction score
Had my intake off again today. Clean as a whistle with the 6637. Doesn't have the performance of the big boost but filters well. I have seen lots of cheap air filters that got wet and they seemed on the verge of collapsing on themselves. Therefore I will be upgrading to the Donaldson filter that is made for the wetness. Anyone have the Donaldson part #? I'm probably going to work on a dual setup too. Lots of great info here, thanks for all the replies.
How well does the Ford AIS system flow? Anyone try them?
Donaldson part # B085011

Suns_PSD

Reaction score
I am not here to say who is right or wrong, but I am going to state my experience which has been backed up with actual data.

FWIW.

I ran with and without a filter at the track.

EGT's were the same, the difference in track times and boost #'s were negligable.

This wasn't at 300-400 hp levels either... I'm pretty sure most of my 11 second runs were made with a single tymar filter on that had nearly 30k miles on it. Add to that... I am still running it to this day. It still pulls 55# of boost daily and I have no dirt in my intake.

My step dad's truck got a tymar 40k miles ago. Still haven't changed the filter, mileage/boost and performance have not changed besides the transmission starting to take a ****.

That's interesting to me since I gained so much when I doubled up my airfilters. I gained like 6 psi boost! Smoke was notably reduced. Response was a lot better.

Was your boost and smoke not limited by your airfilter flow (as it was on my set up) but instead by a maxed out turbo that likely had Nitrous on it? What I mean is that my turbo is not the limiting factor in my set up. But if you were running a turbo out of it's range and especially if you were throwing Nitrous at it, well I wouldn't have expected a change.

TARM

Reaction score
That makes sense as he is basically injecting way more O2 past what could ever be flowing thru the intake by that setup.

A few dyno runs have been done with filters and typically the aFe stage 2 or Donaldson were costing about 20HP in the 400-500 range Versus no filter from what I saw reported.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.