6L Headers... A few questions..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Stick with stock exhaust manifolds. I've had mine ceramic coated like Shawn and burned it all off too so I wouldn't even coat them if I were you. LOL

kevin

Reaction score
Stick with stock exhaust manifolds. I've had mine ceramic coated like Shawn and burned it all off too so I wouldn't even coat them if I were you. LOL

Same here, I had mine coated and it lasted like a month... if anything wrap them with header wrap...

Extended Power

Reaction score
I think it's because the manifolds are made of cast iron, and hold rust very well, and if they don't get them 100% rust free when they sandblast them, the ceramic coating does not last.
I had my manifolds and up pipes ceramic coated two years ago. The manifolds look like sh!t, but the up pipes still look like the day I picked them up from the coating shop.
The shop even offered to redo the manifolds...but for the amount of work to take them off again....I said no thanks. (I wanted a set of headers, but will wait till the prices come down a little bit.)

Extended Power

Reaction score
Elite's and Murff's.
Don't have the cash for either one right now...but would still like to try 'em.

Only thing I would worry about is losing more heat from having more external piping surface for heat to escape...(Multiple pipes instead of just one.)

strokin6L

Reaction score
i would try out craig's at MPD...they're stainless and look nice. They are not you're typical header...but more of a log style.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Yup, they are.

Unfortunately, headers on these motors just dont add the performance to justify the cost or warrant tolerating some issues, IMO.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
from experience i have to agree...

That being said i think if things were built a little better, with a little more engineering in the design and welding it may be a different story, but headers by nature destort ect and even big gasser drag cars have header problems, they are just alot easier to get to then ours are, not worth the headache.

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
That's why I'm confused whether to run mine or not since my cab is off. Probably not since cracking is inevitable with them.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i would not on a DD for sure

MAYBE on a full drag truck... maybe...

6.0 manifolds FTW

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
^^ what Dustin said

I went back to stock just because it wasn't working out at all. I would've loved to run them because of the theory behind them but i Just cant see having a spare set on hand at the track to throw on between passes

6.0dirtworker

Reaction score
Yeah it's just for drag. Ive heard something about the exhaust pulses aren't matching up on one side?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you just take the time to study the 6.0 manifold, you'll see they don't really need and work. Look at the designs and stuff. Then look at how much you can actually port out...it's not that much. Some smart dude designed 6 liter headers cause there bout perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online