6L Triples

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ya I'm pretty sure that's what they were. Depending on what I could get my hands on. Sometimes it was pretty limited for choices when I needed a short radius bend

Is the piping supporting the weight of the chargers or do you have a bracket made up?

Only reason I ask is that I personally would be kinda worried that the tubing wouldn't hold up to the heat of the exhaust gas driving those chargers. Seems pretty thin walled.... just speaking from what I've seen in setups done previously. Not saying it wont work, just kinda thinking out loud.

ununited

Reaction score
Is the piping supporting the weight of the chargers or do you have a bracket made up?

Only reason I ask is that I personally would be kinda worried that the tubing wouldn't hold up to the heat of the exhaust gas driving those chargers. Seems pretty thin walled.... just speaking from what I've seen in setups done previously. Not saying it wont work, just kinda thinking out loud.

Both chargers are supported off a bracket I made that hooks up where the AC compressor used to mount. The piping isn't supporting anything. Chargers mount on the center section on the charger to the mount

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
That should help in preventing fatigue during heat cycles. You might be fine, with no issues. Just know that a thicker walled pipe you wont loose as much heat through, of course the wrap will help you out with that. You will know soon enough wether it will work or not. Alot of setups in the Cummins and Duramax trucks prefer a schedule pipe. Wide Open's twin's and tripples kits all used schedule pipe as well. Might be something to look into

I dig it though! It should run for sure

Last edited:

ununited

Reaction score
That should help in preventing fatigue during heat cycles. You might be fine, with no issues. Just know that a thicker walled pipe you wont loose as much heat through, of course the wrap will help you out with that. You will know soon enough wether it will work or not. Alot of setups in the Cummins and Duramax trucks prefer a schedule pipe. Wide Open's twin's and tripples kits all used schedule pipe as well. Might be something to look into

I dig it though! It should run for sure

You have very good points and if it was a daily driver I'd be more concerned. But this will strictly be a drag truck less heat cycles, mind you very extreme ones, plus finding certain radius bends over 3" is tough. But that's good I like the constructive criticism will help for a better truck in the future. I will be happy if I don't kill myself from carbon monoxide poisoning with all the leaks I predict lol.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Its about time you posted stuff about your build. Do you know how hard it was not saying anything. Glad you got her almost finished up. Looking forward to seeing a new project run.

Don't get to carried away getting it running. I wanta borrow those tires LOL

But seriously get r done and let's have fun aug 13 in edmonton

motoxracer42

Reaction score
You have very good points and if it was a daily driver I'd be more concerned. But this will strictly be a drag truck less heat cycles, mind you very extreme ones, plus finding certain radius bends over 3" is tough. But that's good I like the constructive criticism will help for a better truck in the future. I will be happy if I don't kill myself from carbon monoxide poisoning with all the leaks I predict lol.

haha whos doesnt leak lol.

04 stroker

Reaction score
I'm really beginning to not like CanadiansLOL Who am I kidding, Im just jealous. On the serious side, nice work you did on this. Keep us updated with the performance of this beast

ununited

Reaction score
Hahahaha it hasnt been on a dyno yet, hell it hasnt even moved yet. I screwed up the trans so im picking up the new one this week and should have it in by the end of the weekend.

Members online

No members online now.