6R140 Issues

J98

Reaction score
2017 F350. Tuned/deleted. Guy who did the tunes has gone dark, its possibly running PPEI tunes, not sure on trans tune.

Truck has 66k miles on it, tuned since about 25k.
- New valvebody (~50K miles, dealer installed)
- New drop in ford reman trans (~59k miles, dealer installed)
- It was running 37x13.5s for a bit, owner has since went to a 295/R18.

5th - 6th its giving a nasty shudder/surge feel, but no squealing. Fuel rail pressure is fine, making me believe the valve body can't hold pressure or the OD clutches are already slipping.

I ran a few logs on it using Ezlynk. When the TC is locked, its demanding ~275 PSI line pressure.

I'm used to the 68RFE where I can monitor demanded vs. actual, is there a PDI I'm missing on Ezlynk where I can see this on the 6R140?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Nevermind. Didnt catch that the owner went to said tires. Thos isnt your truck.. sounds like shit tuning from the get go. First i have heard of a brand new 6r needing trans fixes... ppei is a tampon tuner. Dump that shit and get some Tunes from proven... i have used them a few times now for customers i do work for on the side.. great service as well.

J98

Reaction score
Nevermind. Didnt catch that the owner went to said tires. Thos isnt your truck.. sounds like shit tuning from the get go. First i have heard of a brand new 6r needing trans fixes... ppei is a tampon tuner. Dump that shit and get some Tunes from proven... i have used them a few times now for customers i do work for on the side.. great service as well.
I agree on the tuning, who's ever it was is garbage.

What I am trying to figure out now is if the tuning has already ruined the vb/solenids or 5-6th clutches.

Is there anyone I could send some logs to to verify if this is the case?

@SoGrand this is the same '17 I messaged you about last year. Not sure why he didn't do logs like you asked.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

What I am trying to figure out now is if the tuning has already ruined the vb/solenids or 5-6th clutches.

@SoGrand this is the same '17 I messaged you about last year. Not sure why he didn't do logs like you asked.
Dang. I cant think of anyone. Id totally change tuning though. That could be a quick easy fix or have it ready for the next replacement.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

Was the trans programmed when it was installed? They’ve got the sticker with the solenoid body id and a strategy on it that needs to be programmed when you do a trans or valve body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J98

Reaction score
Was the trans programmed when it was installed? They’ve got the sticker with the solenoid body id and a strategy on it that needs to be programmed when you do a trans or valve body

The dealer did all the work, and the truck hasn't been touched with a tuner after either repairs.

But what I am confused if what you say is true, why it is it still demanding 274 PSI?

Screenshot of data log at 3/4 throttle attached...

Screenshot_20231005_174840_WhatsApp.jpg

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
The dealer did all the work, and the truck hasn't been touched with a tuner after either repairs.

But what I am confused if what you say is true, why it is it still demanding 274 PSI?

Screenshot of data log at 3/4 throttle attached...

View attachment 187245

Honestly, I’m not a trans guy, and when I do try and diagnose them I get lost, as desired and actual never really seem to make sense or match.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Id seriously get some proven tunes... still flawless to me.... 2 more customers super happy with them. Only thing i keep having to do is force a trans adaptive table relearn with forscan... then nothing.. smooth as glass..

hskfab

Reaction score
The issues are due to the tcm constantly re-learning along with the crap tuning. Most of the good tuners I know in the HP realm remove adaptive settings completely, me included. Either find a better tuner or go down that rabbit hole of self tuning.

6.7powersmoke

Reaction score
The issues are due to the tcm constantly re-learning along with the crap tuning. Most of the good tuners I know in the HP realm remove adaptive settings completely, me included. Either find a better tuner or go down that rabbit hole of self tuning.
That explains alot of what i dealt with with my 2017, alot more info out there now.

J98

Reaction score
I get it, truck needs better tuning.

Better tuning won't fix slipping clutches or a failing VB, tho. I want to verify there is no internal failures before tossing new tunes at it.

Does anyone know anyone who I can send some tuning data logs to?

hskfab

Reaction score
I get it, truck needs better tuning.

Better tuning won't fix slipping clutches or a failing VB, tho. I want to verify there is no internal failures before tossing new tunes at it.

Does anyone know anyone who I can send some tuning data logs to?
I'll check it out, I have ezlynk technician. [email protected]

hskfab

Reaction score
No, I've been a member for a while, don't remember exactly how long but I never commented. I'm pretty active on the ps.org though for the last 10 years or so.

J98

Reaction score
Update.

Went with some Alberta flavored tunes and it totally resolved these issues. Feels like a different truck and the exhaust brake feels almost similar to a Cummins.

@lincolnlocker not sure how recently you've used their tunes, but I got bad feedback from a few of their dealers regarding recent support and tcm issues. Dirty said they can't remember the last time they've sold a proven package.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Update.

Went with some Alberta flavored tunes and it totally resolved these issues. Feels like a different truck and the exhaust brake feels almost similar to a Cummins.

@lincolnlocker not sure how recently you've used their tunes, but I got bad feedback from a few of their dealers regarding recent support and tcm issues. Dirty said they can't remember the last time they've sold a proven package.
Holy crap! Ill keep my ear out for that issue. Is it year related or in general?

Members online

No members online now.