6R140 Slipping

SAK

Reaction score
so it started shortly after you changed tuning? am i reading that right?

Retuned the truck to the stock h&s files last night, didn't drive it. Got in the truck this morning and as I'm driving through the neighborhood the first 2-3 it took it was acting up.

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Any idea what the code is for the wrench? Im not too sure how the new trucks are, but usually a trans problem indicates a tow/haul flash in the older trucks. Can anyone confirm this?

Rowdy

Reaction score
Sak this sucks for sure! Whats your H&S firmware version? Is it the 6.7.31? I would defiantly try clearing the SD card and reloading the canned H&S tunes before I condemned it. Strange that this happened after a tune change. That might just be me thinking optimistically for you though!

Super08Duty

Reaction score
Any idea what the code is for the wrench? Im not too sure how the new trucks are, but usually a trans problem indicates a tow/haul flash in the older trucks. Can anyone confirm this?

Isn't tow/haul flash caused by broken shafts? If these trannys throw codes like 5rs, I would imagine its got a dirty solenoid code.

SAK

Reaction score

Didn't show any codes when I pull them up

Sak this sucks for sure! Whats your H&S firmware version? Is it the 6.7.31? I would defiantly try clearing the SD card and reloading the canned H&S tunes before I condemned it. Strange that this happened after a tune change. That might just be me thinking optimistically for you though!

Not saying it is caused by the H&S tunes.

Yes this is the 6.7.31 update.

Isn't tow/haul flash caused by broken shafts? If these trannys throw codes like 5rs, I would imagine its got a dirty solenoid code.

Not sure.

On the other hand, truck drove better this morning on my 40 mile trip to work, but I only have to slow down/stop 5 times in that distance.

Last edited:

bricewise

Reaction score
Keep us updated man. I do a lot more stop and go in my daily commute and it seemed to clear up completely after 2-3 days. I'd hate too think its actually a tranmission issue. My wife was already on my ass about buying the SPE then testing out the H&S update.

bbc109758

Reaction score
If its only in 2-3 shift my guess would be solinoid since that is already a past problem with the shift flares. How much to change one of those if all other gears seem good. In manual does it seem to shift fine? Hoping for simple fix for ya. Jus my 2 cents worth.:doh:

SAK

Reaction score
If its only in 2-3 shift my guess would be solinoid since that is already a past problem with the shift flares. How much to change one of those if all other gears seem good. In manual does it seem to shift fine? Hoping for simple fix for ya. Jus my 2 cents worth.:doh:

Its also the 4-5 shift. Once the wench light came on, the manual mode did not work.

6.0L Stroker

Reaction score
Bricewise my girlfriend was complaining to me also about the SPE time I bought and ran for like 2 weeks and then switched to the .31 version. But she likes the smoothness of the shifts now.

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score

When my truck had a sticking gogo solenoid in my 5r the tow/haul would flash. havent broken any shafts yet in my truck.

SAK are you scanning when the wrench is present? or after the truck has been shut off? I know my 05 is way different than a 6.7 but my TPS would throw a wrench and the code would only show when the wrench light was on, I had to connect the scanner when it was running, or connect it, and try and get it to duplicate the light.

bbc109758

Reaction score
solinod can stick on or off. Tcm stores codes. TSS fault PO715 ,OSS PO720 ssb -c35r solinoid controls clutch in 3,5 and reverse. If lost comunication will limit trans operation to 1-3. You may need friend with ids to find your dtc page 151 my obd 2011

SAK

Reaction score
When my truck had a sticking gogo solenoid in my 5r the tow/haul would flash. havent broken any shafts yet in my truck.

SAK are you scanning when the wrench is present? or after the truck has been shut off? I know my 05 is way different than a 6.7 but my TPS would throw a wrench and the code would only show when the wrench light was on, I had to connect the scanner when it was running, or connect it, and try and get it to duplicate the light.

No, just pulling the dtc
codes after I turn it off.

solinod can stick on or off. Tcm stores codes. TSS fault PO715 ,OSS PO720 ssb -c35r solinoid controls clutch in 3,5 and reverse. If lost comunication will limit trans operation to 1-3. You may need friend with ids to find your dtc page 151 my obd 2011

I have a family friend that is a mechanic, I'm pretty sure he has an ids, all I know is that it is really fancy looking. Never bothered to ask him what it was besides a dtc reader. LOL

SAK

Reaction score
P0733- gear 3 incorrect radio code popped up with no wrench light this morning

Latest posts

Members online