7.3 connecting rod help

01 7.3 dwm lll

Reaction score
I've purchases a set of forged oem rods from outlawdiesel.net that have been heat treated hott tanked deburded balanced and machined.he's tell me theirs people that's made 800 hp on them with no failure.is their anybody that's running these rods that could tell me a little about them 275cc sticks are in the truck

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I've seen people blow forged rods up with less then 275cc's and I've seen people make 750+ on 400/600's

It's all in the tuning

imelmo

Reaction score
Safest bet would be to just save up a little longer and get some billet rods if you can't afford another rebuild.

I know for a fact forged rods can fail with 800ish rwhp (b-codes, GT45r, and nitrous). LOL

01 7.3 dwm lll

Reaction score
If I had to do over again I would have bought billet rods. but derick at outlaw diesel keeps telling me he has 3 people running them in the 800 hp range. and he advertises them on his website they will hold 600+ .I know now that tuning is critical so maybe that's why they hold together.has anybody on her delt with outlaw.?

imelmo

Reaction score
If I had to do over again I would have bought billet rods. but derick at outlaw diesel keeps telling me he has 3 people running them in the 800 hp range. and he advertises them on his website they will hold 600+ .I know now that tuning is critical so maybe that's why they hold together.has anybody on her delt with outlaw.?

If he's that confident in them see if he will replace your motor if it goes out with 'em. Really a crapshoot like stated previously. CAN it survive at 600+ rwhp? Sure. Will it? Who knows.

juniort444e

Reaction score
Lmao funny dustin.

Im thinking about just pulling the trigger on sending the short block to someone and letting them build it and ill do the rest once i get it back.

Now its either crowers or carillos, which is better for a DD and weekend warrior

V-Ref

Reaction score
Crowers and call Wide Open or Empire.

Is there anything wrong with the Carillos, or is it the Crowers are a known deal, why reinvent the wheel kind of thing....

I've read all the threads on forged vs billet vs forged billet vs space rods from NASA and so on...

Not looking to start chit or a rod war thread...honest question.

mattman347

Reaction score
I have never had a problem with Carillo rods, Bean sells them directly. It is just a matter of what people have used and not used, the one people have used personally, is normally the one they will recommend, can't blame them for that!

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I have never had a problem with Carillo rods, Bean sells them directly. It is just a matter of what people have used and not used, the one people have used personally, is normally the one they will recommend, can't blame them for that!

:whs:

I'm all for what works. Nothing wrong with Carillo or Crower. Both make a quality product. FWIW, I think that Empire uses Carillo in their motors.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.