7.3 DD/ Do Everything Build ?'s

TyCorr

Reaction score
Thank you Dennis! I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that. I have a clear picture of your issues with the nozzle and.tuning. I am not sure how picky I am, honestly. I dont want the truck belching smoke everywhere or driving like crap but I also dont want to go for a small injector setup. I live in a rural area so its really not a huge issue.

This all goes back to.what Matt R of gearhead has been saying about a 238/80 and 38r being a perfect all around setup.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Agreed...there is a very good chance I would love the 200s with 80% or 30% nozzles. I've done several 200/30% injectors for customers and they have been very happy. I just opted to go back to a non-hybrid for my use because I felt it was a better match for what I care about.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Again, Ive not experimented with injectors other than stock and 175/80&100 but Ive.heard from a good, maybe the best builder, that a 30% nozzle is the pinnacle for fuel economy. After that fuel.atomization suffers.

Too darn many decisions!

Jason

Reaction score
I thought many people had stated that 200% nozzles have a better atomization than say a 80% nozzle. So many people were ranting and raving just a few months back about how they are the perfect nozzle...can all of these people be wrong? Or are maybe their standards a little lower than "picky old ***s", who basically want a stock 7.3, but putting down 400 hp?

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
You know what they say about opinions...

"Picky Old ***s"??? I may be picky, and I am getting older (and sometimes feel "old"), but at 42 I'm trying hard not to be in the "old ***" category just yet.

David N

Reaction score
Seems like Matt told me that either you had a choppy idle, or a hazy idle. Pick one. I do believe he has it down pat though. My truck idles better than it did stock. 200% nozzles here.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Jason I think everybody does different things with their trucks. What is fine for me might a nightmare you make. And vice versa.

I DO believe what people are saying about the nozzles but what may be acceptable here in rural IL( driving a deserted two lane with a locked converter that causes you to coat the ditch in grey haze or black cornflakes) might not work for someone in Kansas City. Some good info for guidelines though.

Charles, Pocket and dave who can tune their own trucks might indeed not have the issues that we're discussing. I wish I could run some hybrids with 200% nozzles to get a feel.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Seems like Matt told me that either you had a choppy idle, or a hazy idle. Pick one. I do believe he has it down pat though. My truck idles better than it did stock. 200% nozzles here.

That makes sense! Treading that line between the two.

Jason

Reaction score
I hear ya Ty...when the time comes, I don't plan on going any bigger than a 160/146, and a stock turbo rebuild with the ww2. I'm getting older, and don't want to listen to a noisy ass 38r, or deal with a manner set I have to learn to drive. 375rw should feel pretty decent in a lightweight regular cab, and tow pretty well. I could give 2 shts about going "fast" with it.

dentexpowerstroke

Reaction score
Read the thread. Im commenting on other posts. I didnt make any new claims nor did I offer any information. Im asking what dennis doesnt like about 200% nozzles. Someone brought up idle quality and I said I didnt care about idle quality.

Sorry about my "grammar". I dont see anything wrong with my grammar just a few extra periods in some posts. You really wound that tight? I thought you came here because people on psn were to argumentative? Hi pot, meet kettle.

Anyway, if you'd like to add somethings you dont like about your nozzle selection that would be swell. Otherwise, dont post if you dont like the thread. Pretty simple.

Never was on psn sir.... I'm also not the one over here commenting about injector and nozzle combos running/sounding like crap that I've never ran before. Youtube videos won't do you any justice to say a 200% nozzle smokes at idle. Run the stuff for yourself before you start acting like you have first hand experience with even a 500+ hp truck.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I will say I love my SD with 160/0's. Will pull are race trailer 10000 lbs and not have to really worry about egts at all. Pulls hard down low but does seem to run out on top for fuel which is understandable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

ja_cain

Reaction score
I will say I love my SD with 160/0's. Will pull are race trailer 10000 lbs and not have to really worry about egts at all. Pulls hard down low but does seem to run out on top for fuel which is understandable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I plan on running the AC codes with a 38r, PHP Hydra and calling it a day. It should be a pretty reliable setup especially considering I have the ZF6. Hell, the truck is already a blast to drive and I can only imagine what it will be like with that combo. I just wish I knew of someone that lived near Richmond, VA that was running that combo so I could check it out in person.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Never was on psn sir.... I'm also not the one over here commenting about injector and nozzle combos running/sounding like crap that I've never ran before. Youtube videos won't do you any justice to say a 200% nozzle smokes at idle. Run the stuff for yourself before you start acting like you have first hand experience with even a 500+ hp truck.

Listen, you pm'd me last year about how psn was a bunch of a-holes. Maybe more than a year ago.

So you swapped your pmr rod motor out last year for forged and put bigger injectors in and now the next year, you're an expert?

Again, you need to read. Dennis commented since your last post. I was looking for his answer on what he didnt like about the 200% nozzles.

Why do you keep bringing up idle? I said I didnt give a crap about idle or your asessment as to what level of expertise everybody is entitled to. I said stock injectors idle like crap so I didnt give a darn if a 200% nozzle idled "bad"(according to certain people). Im not sure where you get off shouting "you're no expert" when Im asking for information. Which would mean the opposite anyway :shrug: Cant read? Drunk at 10am on Sunday?

Learn to read. I believe thats the third time Ive asked you to. Not as a go to defense mechanism parroted by many but everything you are saying is bs made up in your head. That is all "bro".

TyCorr

Reaction score
Im sure somebody has. The s366 is similar to a 38r in size so it should be an easy match. As far as gating and such, i do NOT know.

You could probably start a thread or ask your tuner for more results.

Latest posts

Members online