7.3 in 2011 superduty

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Hot rodding 101, anything can be done if there is a will INCLUDING making the transmission work with a 7.3.

I agree now its communicating with a newer truck. I looked around last night and found 2 7.3s with under 100000 on them 22-25000 askign price. I am gong to kick around the idea alittle more thank you for te input guys.

ghohouston

Reaction score
Ill say this, I understand wanting something custom, that is your own. But from my stand point, I just dont see it being worth it. But if its your goal and you can make it work, then dont let anyone stop you. Hell im sure people used to tell others the same about cummins swaps and what not. I love the 7.3 just as much as the next guy, but personally, I would not do it, but I also dont really care for the new front ends/ mirrors and dashes at all.

Wemoy1

Reaction score
I agree with you as wel on the front ends but I have a 08 and like that year of style. that is what I would like to build if I cant find a nice 6.4 that I can put a single fixed geometry turbo with no emissions. I am in the air right now if I can get the bus with that 7.3 cheap enough I am going to go from there. I can install the engine but the wiring and programming are diff story so it is just a matter of finding someone who wants to do the programming

Wemoy1

Reaction score
That would be way beyond your caliber of thinking :poke:

LMFAO If it can get it im sure it would be sweet but I didi have a small brain storm why not just try and get a v8 machanical pump and then 90 percent of wiring is gone but not very economical in my book for what I want to do. The object of this build is a daily driven truck and if its smashed just find another truck of that year and swap out.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
LMFAO If it can get it im sure it would be sweet but I didi have a small brain storm why not just try and get a v8 machanical pump and then 90 percent of wiring is gone but not very economical in my book for what I want to do. The object of this build is a daily driven truck and if its smashed just find another truck of that year and swap out.

I build and drive many trucks per year of various makes and engines yet the one that stands out and makes my blood pump is my lowly 7.3, ya she may not make the hp of the 12V's and CR's but she makes the ground shake;):toast:

Jason

Reaction score
Doubtful. 250/200's and a gtx4294r on a 7.3 would straight up rape a equal configuration 6.7l.

I really don't see where it makes a difference though, hell, several 7.3's have hit 330-350 with tunes, hpop, etc..stock injectors and turbo...say most of them put down 320rw...that's right about where a stock 6.7 should fall.

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
You think I wasn't paying attention to every part that went into all the wop motors that basically owned you for years?

Owned ??? I think not, on par I will give you that much.

Interesting thing is the same parts used in many engines yet none can touch Snow White Fuel only in the power department.
Single GTX42R vs compounds not even close.

Jason

Reaction score
I keep trying to get a buddy of mine to ditch his 38r for a 42r..I know what some guys have made with that combo, really intrigued by what it'd do in a 2wd regular cab...and still tow to boot!

12stroker

Reaction score
Doubtful. 250/200's and a gtx4294r on a 7.3 would straight up rape a equal configuration 6.7l.

I really don't see where it makes a difference though, hell, several 7.3's have hit 330-350 with tunes, hpop, etc..stock injectors and turbo...say most of them put down 320rw...that's right about where a stock 6.7 should fall.

Smh at 7.tree people

Jason

Reaction score
I'm not a 7.3 "person". I could honestly give two shts about their performance, i'm on my second 7.3 truck...for the simplicity and reliability of it. I modded my first, thid one won't see the same mistakes.

Latest posts

Members online