7.3 in 2011 superduty

littleredstroker

Reaction score
well 7.3s for a fact have forged rods. 6.7s dont. 6.7 hasnt been out long enough, 7.3 has been out since 94. most of the flaws have been addressed already and fixed.

but engine to engine, yes i know you can get a 7.3 on the cheap now cause its so damn old and plentiful. but a 7.3 puts 215-225 at the crank stock and 6.7 400 at the crank. to get a 7.3 to bump up to 400+ hp you are already looking at turbo, injectors, fuel setup, hpop. that right there is over $4k. a 6.7 just needs a custom tuner and is over 500hp for 1k(before epa jacked up prices). hell my 6.0 took one hot tune to put 400 at the wheel and that only cost me $350 from a stock 325hp at crank. point is 7.3 isnt fesable these days to mess with and already gone the way of the dodo and idi days.... and 12v days. the people who hold on to 12v/7.3s are still stuck on the mentality that they are reliable( in which they are but slow as ****)(ive owned 3 so i know) and the cost isn't justifiable to make them go faster. yall just need to get with the times and get newer if you want power. instead of making a turd shiny.

Made 458 with adrenaline, and 250/100s... Stock turbo stock fuel. Was hot and Smokey but it DiD it. Just saying. Still walks on New 6.7s... Take that for what its worth with no emissions bs...
sent while staring at a windowed block

DZL JIM

Reaction score
I would love to see a 7.3 with 4R100 in a very late model F-350.
I like the ride, and interior of the new trucks, why not a good, reliable power plant to go with it?

Where there's a will, there's a way.....

Wemoy1

Reaction score
Agreed I am going to try and get my bus from work econoline 350 with auto I dont know what they put behind them yet tho. If I can get it I am then on the hunt for a truck then. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online