7.3 Knock with video

vcassens

Reaction score
Any ideas? I took the valve covers off and everything looks good under them so I am assuming it is a lower end knock. Just want to get more opinions than just mine LOL
th_20150117_175624_zpsrkrobrpe.png

vcassens

Reaction score
I will see if I can get a better video of it today. The guy I got it from had rebuilt the motor and when he put it back together it was knocking so he just sold it. I am starting to wonder if he put the rings on the pistons right LOL. he said that the inspected the bearings and they looked good so he didn't replace them. so I will be pulling the motor out anyway to inspect/re built it and go from there unless I can find a good running motor then I might just swap it out and call it a day. As far at the blow buy wouldn't that cause a bunch of pressure in the crank case? the oil fill cap just vibrated off not blow off like I have seen in the past.

mandkole

Reaction score
I often recommend this because noises can be similar--pull the belt off and start it. Make sure its not in an accessory.. Agree, it sounds fairly normal, but its hard to differentiate on a phone microphone.

On edit, with the new information, the rebuild history is sketchy. You could pull the valve covers and do a compression check.

vcassens

Reaction score
Everything under the valve covers look good and the knock is still there with the belt off. I just don't want to wipe a motor out that can be fixed so it will probably come out and get a rebuild just for pice of mind

Latest posts

Members online