7.3 No start

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Correct.. What are the odds of a bad ground or a open circuit. The only thing I've ever heard of similar to this was Charles red truck where the ipr just decided to do its own ***n thing rather than what was commanded, iirc he never figured it out either

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
Got any pictures of where to look or a general location? I know the one that jumps from body to frame on the passenger side is pretty well hosed

Magnum PD

Reaction score
There is one on both sides of the block beside the harmonic balancer.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I'll check it out.. What do you think the odds are that the ipr wires may be chafed on down the line? Truck only has 46k but 3000 hours on it.. Spent most of its life with a crane and boxes on it

Arisley

Reaction score
Stick an volt meter across the IPR wires, see if the voltage varies.

You did replace the little electromagnet on the IPR also, correct?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
This may sound dumb, but I have seen it before... Are you sure you do not have the IPR wiring harness connected to the EBPV solenoid and the EBPV solenoid harness connected to the IPR? They are the same connector.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
I took the whole harness off the fuel bowl, fuel heater ect.. Never touched the ebpv. As far as I can tell with the schematic that was posted up power to everything in that area is the red wire, the red/yellow stripe is the voltage signal from the PCM as to what percentage the IPR closes. To me the problem lies somewhere along that wire either it's rubbed through or has a bad connection at the PCM

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
You mean the icp connected to the ebpv no they are not interchanged I never disconnected the ebpv

No, not ICP. The IPR connector is the same as the EBPV.

EBPV

ebpvsolenoid_zps2961001a.jpg

IPR

ipr_zpsa952ef96.jpg

Just wanted to make sure, as no one really thinks to check that and it has been done before.

Latest posts

Members online