7.3 No start

Arisley

Reaction score
I have done that before. Figured it out after pulling lots of hair and walking across the street to retrieve flying tools.

572ysc

Reaction score
Also could be your Low pressure oil pump (-hence not feeding the HPOP with enough oil) or the oil pickup tube coming loose.

Are your batteries charged enough? (may not be enough crank speed to make the HPOP build enough pressure).

I would also check for any oil leaks (around the rear head plugs, the hpop lines and the turbo pedestal)

572ysc

Reaction score
Another thing did you replace the icp? Is there oil on the connector, does the icp connector look bad? (You could try swapping the ICP from one of your other truck to see if it might fix the issue.

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
It's not an icp issue the oil feed lines are blocked and it will not build pressure it's IPR related but the owner is acting like asswipe so I'll let him pay someone to diagnose it

littleredstroker

Reaction score
It's not an icp issue the oil feed lines are blocked and it will not build pressure it's IPR related but the owner is acting like asswipe so I'll let him pay someone to diagnose it

so let me get this straight... the owner brought you the truck to fix, and instead of troubleshooting it, you just started replacing parts, so now hes pissed off that he replaced a ton of parts already and doesnt feel like paying for more guesses? and obviously isnt incredibly confident in your abilities at this point...I hope he isnt paying you...

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
No I went to the truck, did twice the work to remove parts from a donor truck to check the issue for FREE and none of the hard parts corrected the issue. I've not been paid a damn dime and I never asked to be compensated. This guy is the CHEAPEST man I know. Since you're all of what twelve? What exactly would you have done differently? Fuel pressure wasn't the greatest, swapped pumps, took care of that issue. Won't build ICP swapped IPR, still no fix, swapped pigtails, nope still not it. Blocked off feeds with plugs and a gauge, still doesn't build, let's try a pump. That leaves me right where I'm at now not having time to *** with it in between two jobs and a pretty obvious wiring issue. A jumper made from the old pigtail would prove that if he felt like testing it and tracing wires. So o twelve year old powerstroke wizard where did I go wrong? Better make a damn good case junior

littleredstroker

Reaction score
No I went to the truck, did twice the work to remove parts from a donor truck to check the issue for FREE and none of the hard parts corrected the issue. I've not been paid a damn dime and I never asked to be compensated. This guy is the CHEAPEST man I know. Since you're all of what twelve? What exactly would you have done differently? Fuel pressure wasn't the greatest, swapped pumps, took care of that issue. Won't build ICP swapped IPR, still no fix, swapped pigtails, nope still not it. Blocked off feeds with plugs and a gauge, still doesn't build, let's try a pump. That leaves me right where I'm at now not having time to *** with it in between two jobs and a pretty obvious wiring issue. A jumper made from the old pigtail would prove that if he felt like testing it and tracing wires. So o twelve year old powerstroke wizard where did I go wrong? Better make a damn good case junior

Well...

First thing first, buzz test. which would show that the issue is obviously not IDM

Since these trucks will still run with no fuel pressure ( not very well) I would not have wasted money on a fuel pump even if the pressure was " not the greatest"

both of these are things you didnt do.. you just threw parts at it.. You are getting a little butt hurt.

Would you pay someone to throw parts at your truck to fix it? Of course not. which is why he said i hope he isnt paying you ... which hes not soo....whats the issue?

silverpsd_06

Reaction score
There is no issue other than you being a smartass when it's not really necessary. You didn't understand the situation so you assumed, yes if I paid someone to fix my truck I'd hope they'd get it right. It's called working with what you have readily available. Most people I know keep a spare ICP, IDM, IPR and pigtail on hand to help troubleshoot. Go crawl back in your hole, your opinion isn't necessary or useful to me in any way.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
There is no issue other than you being a smartass when it's not really necessary. You didn't understand the situation so you assumed, yes if I paid someone to fix my truck I'd hope they'd get it right. It's called working with what you have readily available. Most people I know keep a spare ICP, IDM, IPR and pigtail on hand to help troubleshoot. Go crawl back in your hole, your opinion isn't necessary or useful to me in any way.

why you cryin? have you checked pigtails for STG

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.