7.3 powerstroke batmowheels

kampy

Reaction score
I've been waiting for results to be posted also, was ready to order one to try depending on results.

I'd guess that the lack of any response to the questions about results likely means it somehow failed on the dyno. Probably surged or just didn't make any gains, or maybe even made less power.

Now they're trying to figure out how to talk us out of $400 for something that doesn't work. ;)

RedSmokey

Reaction score
I've been waiting for results to be posted also, was ready to order one to try depending on results.

I'd guess that the lack of any response to the questions about results likely means it somehow failed on the dyno. Probably surged or just didn't make any gains, or maybe even made less power.

Now they're trying to figure out how to talk us out of $400 for something that doesn't work. ;)

I also have the same question/feeling about it except for your last part. I don't have any experience with MPD, but I am not going to automatically assume they are going to try and screw people out of $400 for something that (not confirmed or denied) doesn't work...

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score

My truck was the one that was to be tested on the Dyno. We went to Dyno with a stock super duty turbo, but due to an extremely weak hpop, the truck only dyno'd 230rwhp.

Although I think the batmo would still be beneficial due to it being a lighter billet wheel, I personally figured the best bet would be to wait until I got an adrenaline or at least a hpop that would hold 3k psi. Mine just wouldn't cut it.

At least that way you guys could see any difference on a tuned truck making the hp it should. When I will have the time to put an adrenaline in I dont know.

I can guarantee you MPD isn't out to screw anybody...Lol

Last edited:

kampy

Reaction score
I can guarantee you MPD isn't out to screw anybody...Lol

The truth is, I never really thought they might, they sound like pretty stand up guys, and I understand they get busy.

Several had asked about results yet no one bothered to take the time to post an answer, just kinda left us hanging. From a customers viewpoint the lack of feedback pretty much sucked. Makes you think twice about spending money.

Just wanted to stir up enough irritation to get a straight answer, now we have one and I'm content, it just would have been nice to have it posted up in a timely manner with out me having to come across as a d!ck.

Thanks for the info. Look forward to a good test and the results.

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
The truth is, I never really thought they might, they sound like pretty stand up guys, and I understand they get busy.

Several had asked about results yet no one bothered to take the time to post an answer, just kinda left us hanging. From a customers viewpoint the lack of feedback pretty much sucked. Makes you think twice about spending money.

Just wanted to stir up enough irritation to get a straight answer, now we have one and I'm content, it just would have been nice to have it posted up in a timely manner with out me having to come across as a d!ck.

Thanks for the info. Look forward to a good test and the results.

I didn't notice the winky face at first. My bad man LOL. Sorry if I came across bad.

Like I said I don't know when I'll have time to get an adrenaline in, but if someone wants to buy one and give an honest opinion by all means go ahead. It is tough to make the leap to buy one with no good results. So I understand the spot you guys are in.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Like I said I don't know when I'll have time to get an adrenaline in, but if someone wants to buy one and give an honest opinion by all means go ahead. It is tough to make the leap to buy one with no good results. So I understand the spot you guys are in.

Will you be doing a straight comparison with the stock turbo/wheel and stock turbo with batmo wheel whenever you do get a chance to dyno?

I'm getting the batmowheel and a 1.15 housing put on my 38r Thursday.

Are you going to dyno before and after?

And personally I am still mainly interested in the wheel on a stock turbo

UPINSMOKE

Reaction score
Will you be doing a straight comparison with the stock turbo/wheel and stock turbo with batmo wheel whenever you do get a chance to dyno?

Are you going to dyno before and after?

And personally I am still mainly interested in the wheel on a stock turbo

That would be the plan yes... But like I said I don't know when I'll get it done. I just booked a trip to punta Cana so funds are low, and Erics Dyno is kinda hard to get a spot on.

Ill keep people posted if I do get a chance to test it anytime soon.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They do, thats what he is saying... The wheel on the d66 is a 38r wheel

I thought a d66 was its own animal? A super 66 is a machined version with a 38r compressor wheel. So the stock 66 compressor wheel would be smaller. Thats how it was explained to me.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I believe the D66 and Super66 are the same thing, both machined for the 66 (38r) wheel

I dont think thats correct. The d66 has a larger turb wheel and a standard d66 wheel. A common upgrade for people with e99 trucks is to buy a van turbo and have the compressor side modded to run a 38r compressor wheel. I dont have one of these turbos but jngreen and another guy running a super66 explained this in soflstrokins' van turbo thread.

I.guess.some people call it one thing and others call it something else. How fun to keep it all straight. Ill refrain from d66 questions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online