7.3 sd mods

bruce

Reaction score
The sd66 is rebuildable, it's basically a journal bearing 38r. He'll by the time you get your money together I might be able to make you a deal on a modded h2e setup

TyCorr

Reaction score
Touche'

Imo, stuff happens. You blow the 38r and youre out another 1300$ because you can't rebuild them... That right there could buy your 366 and if it blows it can still be fixed

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

I dont know anybody that "blew" a 38r. People have run hybrids through them for 100k miles and they are good to go. A 38r is way tougher than a s 366. Wheel size is only a small part of the game.

That being said my stocker lasted 200k tuned and towing the WHOLE time(my truck was purchased as a work only truck, hooked to gn and parked every night. Never unhooked it until 09). I rebuilt it and put another 20k on it and its been in the garage since the 38r.

Id frikkin mod the stocker before I dropped any real money on a 366. If you must change the pedestal and upipies and shti, make it worthwhile and throw a real charger on it. Gt4294r or 4202r.

smitty4605

Reaction score
I'll look into that. That being said I might just go with 38r route or what Jake said. Should I go with a set of stage2 injectors?

This is a stupid question what does pmr mean? Im trying to learn what all the abbreviations mean.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'll look into that. That being said I might just go with 38r route or what Jake said. Should I go with a set of stage2 injectors?

This is a stupid question what does pmr mean? Im trying to learn what all the abbreviations mean.

If all your going to do is want to tow then stage 1 or 2s will be fine... but if you ever get the itch as we all do then id do 250/200s and detune them to suit your power needs till future drivetrain upgrades are done.

live life full throttle

smitty4605

Reaction score
Lol great now you just threw another wrench in the gears. I didn't know you were able to detune injectors unless you mean by doing it through the chip?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Sure you can. Other wise your chip wouldnt have different power output settings either. You could have a stock setting all the way on up with different injectors.

smitty4605

Reaction score
250/200s and a 38r will be just fine... still capable of over 500hp.

live life full throttle

How reliable would it be as far as stress on everything the rest of the motor and drivetrain? I do understand more power then stock does decrease reliability.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Tuning plays a big key in it. But the way you drive plays an even bigger key in it... if you drove like me then it would be very stressfull... above 450 hp, id recommend everything i have.. girdle optional..

live life full throttle

TyCorr

Reaction score
@lilredstroker-then why did you wind up going with a drop in? One thats even less reliable than a 38r?

Because it wasnt 2200 dollars, right?

smitty4605

Reaction score
Tuning plays a big key in it. But the way you drive plays an even bigger key in it... if you drove like me then it would be very stressfull... above 450 hp, id recommend everything i have.. girdle optional..

live life full throttle

I think that may be the way to go to keep it on the safer side.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I think that may be the way to go to keep it on the safer side.

If you're really building a tow rig, the 38r is where its at. It will.last hundreds of thousands of miles of being used on a truck that did everything a stock truck does but with more power.

Something to keep in mind, a set of injectors can be made bigger. Im not talking hybrids either. There are 200cc injectors that are the same as the 160s. 160, 180, 200, or 220. With a 100% nozzle you.could move 500hp.worth of fuel. Just a 175 single shot will probably get you over 425. Maybe more.

I guess it depends how fast you wanna move when there isnt a trailer.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Honestly though, a 38r, good custome tunes, converter, and valve body make a great tow rig on a 7.3.... even a stock AC injector like csipsd (joe) always recommends going to would be fuggin great to run and be reliable... if I didnt own my dually, it would be reliable. I just drive it way to hard.. ALL the time.

live life full throttle

mandkole

Reaction score
smitty, the fellas have you on the right track.. 38R, top shelf injectors in the 160-180cc range, good tuning and you're good to go. In fact, I wish I had that on my truck...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.