7.3 swap in a 94 cclb OBS

Ruger5901

Reaction score
We have motor, dash, and all wiring. My only question is fuel system. Do we need to switch fuel tanks and lines? It had a 5.8. If anyone else has done it what are some issues you had.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
I believe you will have to switch the fuel system as well. I don't have any selector valves (which you shouldn't need) but if you need fuel lines I can help you out. I have everything from both tanks up to the engine bay.

dealwithit

Reaction score
Is the 7.3 from a obs or a sd? That would determine the fuel pressure requirement I believe, for either the suction mechanical fuel pump or the electric lift pump from the sd

Ruger5901

Reaction score
We have fuel lines now, just not sure about pump or if lines will even fit. Once we get the bed off and start mounting everything ill have a better idea. Motor is out and front clip is off right now

Ruger5901

Reaction score
Ok guys, I need a picture of the crossmember the motor mounts bolt to. I'm not quite sure if the one that's in the truck is going to work.

Jaredkeller96

Reaction score
Damn wish you would've posted a few weeks ago, I would've sold you a crossmember off a 7.3 powerstroke and idi are the same mounts, as I'm doing an idi to psd swap now, fuel selector is the same, everything will be plug and play, what motor you putting in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ruger5901

Reaction score
The motor is a 96. We don't have motor mounts. I pickin them up this week. But I don't think they will mount anywhere on that crossmember. I don't see how it would be different. That's why I was asking for a picture of one so I could compare. I'll post one of mine tomorrow.

TRUBBS

Reaction score
the 460 we pulled out and replaced with a 7.3l was the same crossmember, 7.3 mounts went right into the frame

Ruger5901

Reaction score
I'm also looking for a core support. I have one but had to patch it up and will be replacing it with a good one in the spring after plow season.

Ruger5901

Reaction score
175 is reasonable if I can get it locally. The problem is I can't find ANY locally.

Latest posts

Members online