7.3 Under the hood Dress up project

brian89

Reaction score
ohh ok i got ya, i had been looking for a piece like that before i had all the troubles im having now, but thanks, thats a sick engine bay btw, cant wait to clean mine up

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
All these engines look great, eventually I would like to paint some of the piping and clean mine up nicely to.

brian89

Reaction score
As for my engine compartment currently:

Valve covers are Linex'd and then painted with Engine Enamel Red. All pipes and brackets, turbo compressor, spider, plenums, and valley all painted with Engine Enamel Aluminum. Everything else is painted in the black.

Down the road when I upgrade turbos, I am going to have the turbo, i/c pipes, intake 'y', etc all ceramic coated the shiney aluminum/chrome color. Going to redo my fuel lines on the RR kit to be braided stainless, changing all the i/c and plenum boots to red ones.

what about the pipe in these pics? the one from the filter to the stock turbo boot?

brian89

Reaction score
yes haha, sorry, not being very specific, but yes, the black pipe between the filter and the orange boot ha

Strokersace

Reaction score
That's the pipe that came with the tymar kit. It either comes powder coated black or unfinished. I got it in black.

brian89

Reaction score
ok, now we are on the same page, sorry for the confusion haha thats what i was wondering, thank you for your help

Lowdown89

Reaction score
Strokersace, that's super clean.... Its nice seeing everything under the hood clean and not just shiny inter cooler boots and intakes, having all the plastic,hoses,etc all nice and clean go a longggggg way!

91turbogsx

Reaction score
You could also remove all the factory jack stuff from under the hood. I even ditched my AC just for a cleaner look on my truck. Remove anything unnecessary then clean and paint everything.