7.3L Main girdle kit w/ ARP studs

Reaction score
[Flamesuit]I'm gonna poke my head up and show my stupid card real quick:

Exactly what does a girdle do? I hear about them all the time in big builds, along with filling the block. (I understand what filling the block does, and that makes sense to me.) But a girdle? No clue.

Also, what's a line bore, and how much would something like that cost? [/Flamesuit]

some one correct me if I'm wrong

you do a line bore with the girdle and main cap's in place to center up the cylinder bore and rods on the crank..from there you can bore your cylinder to size...you need to have this kit before your block goes to the shop...

a girdle helps with crank walk as well as block flex..

this is a great deal....

Last edited:

Magnum PD

Reaction score
[Flamesuit]I'm gonna poke my head up and show my stupid card real quick:

Exactly what does a girdle do? I hear about them all the time in big builds, along with filling the block. (I understand what filling the block does, and that makes sense to me.) But a girdle? No clue.

Also, what's a line bore, and how much would something like that cost? [/Flamesuit]

The girdle helps keeps the bearing caps from flexing and keeps them inline. Bedplate is the best option though.

Line boring is having all the bearing caps torqued down and machining the bearing carriers line honed to make sure they are all straight.

Reaction score
I would think driving down to the shop here in Chelsea would be cheaper than shipping but it would probably be roughly $20 for shipping. And yes you can buy just the girdle if you already have the studs. I assume your also going to need the oil pick up adapter too?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
UPDATE:

There has been a $50 increase in price as of the 1st of January since ARP decided to up their prices. So now the girdle with studs will be $600 + Shipping. Sorry again for this but it is out of my control as what ARP does.

Reaction score
We just received another batch of girdles today!!

149553_663536093394_191845648_n.jpg