7.3s totaled time to upgrade

Vogel469

Reaction score
Can't decide between 6.4 and 6.7 don't really know much about either can some one fill me on on the pros and cons of the 2? Thanks

50bc3ef066e8112c3d7a1308954b8e77.jpg

Vogel469

Reaction score
Yea me and my girlfriend both walked away unscathed we were T-boned by a guy doing 60 in a neighborhood and rolled over lucky no one was injured I was just thrown from my seat

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Glad to see you guys made it out safe

I totalled my 7.3 2 years ago and bought a 6.4. I love the comfortable ride and clean smooth power. However I do get worried about something happening because they are definitely expensive to fix. So far I have been lucky and just had a wire for the alternator harness rub through and give me problems, and I had to change my up pipes. Both of which I will take any day over a fuel system failure or a cracked piston.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Glad to see you guys made it out safe

I totalled my 7.3 2 years ago and bought a 6.4. I love the comfortable ride and clean smooth power. However I do get worried about something happening because they are definitely expensive to fix. So far I have been lucky and just had a wire for the alternator harness rub through and give me problems, and I had to change my up pipes. Both of which I will take any day over a fuel system failure or a cracked piston.

Do you miss the obs?

Vogel469

Reaction score
Yea the more I read about the pistons and cracking blocks the more I worry I want a reliable truck but stocks not enough for me I'm wanting in maybe the 500 to 600 hp range with out having to really worry to much I don't really no anything about 6.4s tho so I don't no how realistic that is or isn't and what it would take to get it there as fare as parts and cost

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Do you miss the obs?

Every day...

Unless I go through a drive through lol

Op 500 horse is easily achieved with a 6.4. Deletes, intake, exhaust, and tuner will put you north of 500 and the 5r110 handles it very well. I really like my 6.4 but it's nerve racking thinking about some of the stuff that could happen.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I can't answer out of personal experience because i havent had mine that long but from talking to other people they last long and are pretty reliable at that level. As with anything else it depends on how you drive it and maintain it also

Vogel469

Reaction score
No not yet this just happened 2 days ago Idk what it's gonna cost to buy it back yet

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
man oh man! that sucks.. glad you guys are ok... check out the 6.7 section on here... proving to be pretty good all around motors and the trans is the stoutest of them all in stock form and has handled 600ish hp quite well bone stock...

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online