7.3s totaled time to upgrade

Sideswipe505

Reaction score
If you can afford it, get a 6.7 man. I have a 6.4 and I love it, but like others have said before, I worry about breaking stuff. I've heard of a lot less issues with the 6.7s. Mostly eating turbos.

mandkole

Reaction score
The horsepower 'easy button' is pretty easy to push on the 6.4 and puts you at a level that many have killed stuff with. The later models are more sensitive to issues, but they are far nicer trucks to drive than the early junk.

IMO, if you need to stretch to buy one, be very careful if you want to play. I cant put that much money in my truck so thats why Ive stayed with a real nice 7.3. :D

Magnum PD

Reaction score
Brother in law got an 01 F-350 chaiss EC with 45,000 miles. Real nice. Just didn't trust the newer stuff.

97f350stroker

Reaction score
Brother in law got an 01 F-350 chaiss EC with 45,000 miles. Real nice. Just didn't trust the newer stuff.

It's not so much of a trust thing with me it's just that it takes a lot more play the mod game with the newer stuff let alone fixing what may break. There is no way I could go back to a stock 7.3 after having one that was mildly built and now a tuned and deleted 6.4.

Latest posts

Members online