86 F250 work truck LOL

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Interesting build Steve, and good progress! I've always like that body style for some reason, can't wait to hear more!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Not a bad ol girl. I learned how to drive in an 82 f250 with an inline 6 and 4sp... then the next truck was an 86 f250 6.9 with a 4sp. Love those body styles...

Dave

Reaction score
I got the truck from MN I could have stopped to see you.

Where in MN did you find it?

Sucks on the FICM fuse. looks like its time for a repair on it.

Otherwise Bulletproof is releasing theirs in a couple weeks

genuineford

Reaction score
Where in MN did you find it?

Sucks on the FICM fuse. looks like its time for a repair on it.

Otherwise Bulletproof is releasing theirs in a couple weeks

I picked it up from by Waseca, pretty sure the fuse issue is a shorted wire.

Zaairman

Reaction score
Looks like a fun project. Just curious, but what did you pay for it? Some good friends of mine have a similar truck, 85 F-250 351w C6 4x4 that they are wanting to sell but not sure what to ask.

genuineford

Reaction score
Looks like a fun project. Just curious, but what did you pay for it? Some good friends of mine have a similar truck, 85 F-250 351w C6 4x4 that they are wanting to sell but not sure what to ask.

I paid $1000 for it. It's amazing what old fords go for.

genuineford

Reaction score
I went and talked to the machine shop today. We ran some numbers and it will cost about the same amount to go with a 393 stroker kit. Especially if I have to have the crank ground which he said will probably have to be done. I also talked to him about using Procomp Electronics heads. He said they would be fine as long as I got bare ones and had them gone through by him. I think that is the route I am going to go. Now I just need to save some money up and get this all done.

genuineford

Reaction score
I tore into the truck a bit today. It had a pretty bad exhaust leak by the manifold so I took a look at that. It was the warmup valve that was on the drivers side. I was able to get it off and welded the holes up.

It also looked like there was a lot of oil coming from the top of the engine so I changed the valve cover gaskets. I also have a rear main gasket coming tomorrow for it. I am going to get the oil leaks fixed up so I can still drive it while I am getting the money together to build the other engine. So it looks like I will be pulling a transmission tomorrow so I can get the seal changed. More updates to come.

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the trans and transfer case out today. I am almost wishing I would have pulled the engine out. I will see how it goes tomorrow. I am going to work on trying to get the pan off tomorrow and see how it goes.

Viking

Reaction score
You going with the old beat up truck look still? It would be sweet to see all it does is go fast and stop hard!

genuineford

Reaction score
After getting it apart and looking at it closer it appears that someone put a different engine in the truck. It looks like the engine that is in the truck is a 2 piece rear main and it should be a 1 piece. Looks like I get to pull the pan off to put the new seal in.

Latest posts

Members online