86 F250 work truck LOL

genuineford

Reaction score
I was a bit busy with the wedding lately but finally got a chance to work on it. The source of the oil leak was not the rear main although I changed it. By the time I found the leak I already had the seal changed. The main bearing looked good in the engine as the engine looks to be rebuilt. I was able to take the motor mount nuts off and lift the engine 4 or 5 inches to get the pan out from under the truck to get it cleaned up and the pan off. So I have to get the trans/transfer case back in yet. Then I am going to pull the intake off and fix the leak from the rear part of the intake gasket falling out.

I think I am going to put my Edelbrock intake on it and my 600 CFM Edelbrock carburetor on it. I also took the Y pipe off to get the oil pan off so I think i am going put my headers on and have my exhaust shop bend me up some custom exhaust. I use to work there so they cut me a decent deal. More to come I am hoping to get it put back together tomorrow.

genuineford

Reaction score
I made a bunch of progress today. I got the truck back together enough that I could drive it if need be. I still need to get the intake gasket leak fixed but I can run it and it doesn't leak. It only leaks when you drive it. I decided to install the headers so i got that done but will need to take it to the exhaust shop to get the rest of the exhaust installed. I started it up with the open headers on it and it sounds pretty decent. I took a few pictures for you all since I have been typing a whole bunch with nothing else.

This is just to show how I have the exhaust dumped out for now.

genuineford

Reaction score
I did a little work this morning when I got up. I was able to get the new instrument cluster installed with the tach in it. Here is a pic with it running.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1340470971952.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1340470971952.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

ithumpwheniwalk

Reaction score
rofl @ the oil pressure gauge :) some things never change. I had an 84 5.0 in a bronco and an 86 5.8 in an f250, all had crappy oil pressure until about 1500 rpms. Loved those old trucks, good luck with it!

genuineford

Reaction score
I got the Edelbrock intake and carb installed along with a new set of spark plugs. The truck runs and starts much better. I took it for a drive around the block and it ran good. I took a few pictures and videos as usual.

Out with old, in with the new.

Here is an acceleration video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYrlLWc7pJU&feature=youtu.be

Here is one just cruising at 60.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gDZfOQDH4w&feature=youtu.be

Here is a warm startup video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s61nENZsU&feature=youtu.be

genuineford

Reaction score
I am working on a wood grain delete so i got the main dash panel around the gauges replaced tonight. I also made an appointment at the exhaust shop for friday so I can start driving this truck again.

genuineford

Reaction score
I did a little more with it today. I messed around with the DVD player and got some sound coming out of the speakers. I also got the seat cover installed. I don't know how I am going to like it but it is better than a hole in the seat.

genuineford

Reaction score
I got my exhaust put on today but messed up the intake gasket instal so I have to pull that back off. I will have more pictures and videos up once I get it on the road. I might not be able to work on it until Monday before work.

The Y pipe I built to save some time and money at the exhaust shop.

I also got an open element air filter for it.

Latest posts

Members online