94-97 tuning thread.

davey99ps

Reaction score
The boost fooler deal is a truck to truck basis thing. One truck will wig out when it goes over a certain boost # where the next will do as much boost as you want and never hiccup.

This is what we see on a daily basis and is a tuning nightmere. EVERY TRUCK IS DIFFERENT! I dont care if you have two truck of the same year, make, model, mods, DPC, everything the same the tunes never seem to work the same. Weather its shifting, startup, pedal feel, boost# etc there will be something different. We have live tuned alot of trucks here and that helps to try and refine the tunes and find the wierd problems that we can incorporate the fixs in future tunes but sometimes there will still be a truck that will not take tunes, the same tunes that worked on a 100 other trucks just like it.

Moral of the story is dont get mad at your tuner when you get your chip in and it doesnt act right. Its just the nature of the beast and you will need to let them work with you to get it right or the best option is get it live tuned and be done.

That's exactly what I'm doing next month on the 21st, can't wait to meet you an Johnathan an everyone else.

1 thing Johnathan asked me to do is check my pcm code cuz he said he has nothing but problems with 1 of the pcm's, I wonder if that has something to do with these problems you guys are experiencing?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I can certainly agree with what Ryan is saying here. I do not know why they tend to have a mind of their own but they do. I have driven trucks that have the same mods and the exact same tune that is in my truck and each truck has a personality all its own.

Stroakorcroak whose tuning are you running.

Ive tried Tony and Cale both, in fact i have some of each on the chip right now. I have some test tunes for tomorrow, just got back into town so im going to test a couple things.

Ive got tunes that lower the 1-2 shift point, tunes that raise line pressure, etc etc... So we will see which one helps out the most

Tom S

Reaction score
Ive tried Tony and Cale both, in fact i have some of each on the chip right now. I have some test tunes for tomorrow, just got back into town so im going to test a couple things.

Ive got tunes that lower the 1-2 shift point, tunes that raise line pressure, etc etc... So we will see which one helps out the most

Jody and I had some fun with that on my truck as well. It took a little data logging to see what was going on then he got it fixed. My truck just had to have the odd man out PCM.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
wow just looked it up way cheaper thanks didnt even now about that one. what would one of those suport?

Everything an adrenaline will.

Im not sure the biggest injectors its been ran with, shoot Joey @ Terminator an email and he will fill you in on everything. Any question you have he can answer, best customer service ive found hands down.

plgebbia

Reaction score
Here is what Joey sent me in an email about what the T500 will support:

"I would recommend the T500 for Stage1's, small Hybrids and some Stage2's. Stage2's can be 160cc to 210cc. If the cc range is 180 or less, the T500 may be fine."

I will be getting one soon myself.

Last edited:

JK Fab

Reaction score
Anyone know of any tuners that will be doing any LIVE tunning in california ?

Jeff

Tom S

Reaction score
I think Jody is headed to Modesto very soon. Joey at Terminator is the one hosting.

JK Fab

Reaction score
I have TW tunes right now and love them. I want to get another chip with some custom tunes just for the hell of it. I am torn on what to get. I think i am down to:

DP Tuner
PHP
Beans

My truck is a 96 with the following mods:

3" DP
4" exhaust with no muffler
Swamps IDM
S&B Intake with 6637
Full Force stage 1's
T500 Hpop
Intercooler

Truck has 3.55's and i run 33's

Truck is a daily driver and I rairly tow much. If and when i do its a open trqiler with a 2000lb drag car. Thanks in advance for any ideas !

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I have TW tunes right now and love them. I want to get another chip with some custom tunes just for the hell of it. I am torn on what to get. I think i am down to:

DP Tuner
PHP
Beans

My truck is a 96 with the following mods:

3" DP
4" exhaust with no muffler
Swamps IDM
S&B Intake with 6637
Full Force stage 1's
T500 Hpop
Intercooler

Truck has 3.55's and i run 33's

Truck is a daily driver and I rairly tow much. If and when i do its a open trqiler with a 2000lb drag car. Thanks in advance for any ideas !

Why are you wanting a second chip??? You can just get that one re burned with new tunes on it, unless you want a spare or something.

Cale @ Tyrant is another great option