99.5 PSD cutting out

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
have you tried a ford tps? whats your battery voltage after sitting for a few hrs or over night? and what is the alternator voltage after its been running 15-20 min.

just realized you said battery's r junk.. replace them asap and after its ran a few minutes whats the alternator voltage? good batteries and good alternator are very very important on our trucks.
live life full throttle

Last edited:

high desert stroke

Reaction score
Batteries are brand new, alt charging at 14.5. No tps code...I would hate to replace again if its not bad. I dont really trust my scanner though. Going to have my buddy scan it on monday with his snap on scanner

high desert stroke

Reaction score
havent checked grounds, except the one that was attached to VC when I was in there yesterday(where are the others?). I don't know about alternator, I checked it after i replaced batteries just to make sure it wasnt the culprit for the dead batteries. read 14.5 +/- at idle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
grounds on both sides bottom front on the block... if the voltage goes above 14.5 or below 13.5 the voltage regulator is bad and needs rebuilt... any way you can drive it and monitor the voltage at the same time? its possible that the voltage is dropping enough to make the truck stumble.. mine did that and torched the batteries and then realized the alternator was the culprit.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the scanners should read voltage through the obdII port. voltage reg is in the alternator and can be done but i dont know how... i just change the alternator.

live life full throttle

high desert stroke

Reaction score
Ok...getting closer!! Pulled my plug on ICP and its covered in oil. So is it just a matter of replacing ICP and cleaning plug? Or is there a underlying issue that causes this?

high desert stroke

Reaction score
Got it! unplugged ICP and drove it home. Ran smooth the whole way. Hopefully this is the last issue for awhile. Thanks again for all your help guys:thumbsup:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
actually cant believe i didn't say to check that when this thread started... always always check all connections and known sensors to make sure everything is tight and clean while chasing down an electrical gremlin... hope that takes care of it man!

high desert stroke

Reaction score
Yeah, im learning that quickly. Only had this thing for over a year and Im learning where everything is real fast. Thank god for PSA and PSN or I'd be screwed...lol. Im back to loving my Ford:fordoval:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.