99.5 PSD cutting out

high desert stroke

Reaction score
That is the connector for the front wheel ABS sensors, but your truck likely is only rear wheel abs so there is nothing to plug it into. Should be another similar on the PS.

Your BUZZ test sounds fine.

I would have leaned towards the "Tin Nut" on the IPR as well, but it could also be a loose connector or a bad coil on the IPR as well, you might try to ohm out the coil on the IPR, should be around 12 Ohms smooth, no spikes. Seems like there have been more coil related IPR issues recently probably due to aging or poor connections.

Ok, thank you sir. I will be checking that just to be on the safe side.

high desert stroke

Reaction score
well.....here we go again. Something just ain't right. No codes this time, just doesnt run right especially when cold and at low rpms. RPMS just a little erratic. Once it warms up it runs fine although it did cut out for a fraction of a second once when on the highway, and I think it was right after I hit a pothole. I am definitely suspecting the evch now. Going to pull cover and give a look today

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
while cruising down the road or even at idle, with your left foot tap the pcm... if it cuts out then you have a bad connection in there.. mine would do similar things when i would slam the door or hit a bump... hell it got to the point to where if i slammed the door it would just kill the truck.... turned out to be a bad connection at the chip and had to have it soldered to build the connections back up. fine ever since.

live life full throttle

high desert stroke

Reaction score
while cruising down the road or even at idle, with your left foot tap the pcm... if it cuts out then you have a bad connection in there.. mine would do similar things when i would slam the door or hit a bump... hell it got to the point to where if i slammed the door it would just kill the truck.... turned out to be a bad connection at the chip and had to have it soldered to build the connections back up. fine ever since.

live life full throttle

ok, will try that. I got passenger side VC off now. I pushed on harness and it definitely moved about 1/8 inch so im doing 50cent mod now.

high desert stroke

Reaction score
got it all buttoned up, really glad i pulled them. driver side was loose too. 50 cent mod done and we'll see how she runs from here. fingers crossed again.

high desert stroke

Reaction score

only took it around the block. ran good...but ive said that before. we'll see how she runs tomorrow morning and the rest of the weekend. I tapped the pcm with my foot like you said when i test drove it....nothing. so....maybe i finally got it this time. I got a trip to Oregon planned next weekend I need this thing to make it!!!!:fustrate:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
holy crap! lol, im sure we all have been there... i would either pull it apart and double check it or put some miles on it on a bumpy road to see if it messes up..

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
don't feel bad man, like i said im sure we all have done something along those lines... im sure you where like dam thats it, got all excited and figured out how to keep them tight and put it all back together without even thinking of it.

only way to learn is to *** up! bet you wont do it again.. lol.. well at least thats how i learn the best..

Arisley

Reaction score
Bet you are good to go. Usually if you have burnt connections, you can smell it when you pull the valve cover off.

I would drive it, if it gives you any more issues, pull them again.

high desert stroke

Reaction score
And the drama continues. Went to fire it up this morning and no start...dead batteries. They were on the way out for awhile. So...$325 later truck runs worse than ever. Half the day it ran ok, with a little miss here and there. Now it cant hold cruising rpms without falling off then accelerating, falling off etc etc...I am at my wits end with this thing, its slowly bleeding me dry. I fix one problem and 3 more spring up. So ive replaced the ebpv and cleaned tube, cps 2x, swapped idms, 50 cent mod, 2 new batteries, rebuilt the fuel bowl, new tps. I am not just randomly swapping parts, I am reading codes and fixing the problem. Now im to the point of taking it to a shop and then selling this POS and I have never taken anything to a shop in my life. Its not in my blood but I don't know what else to do:fustrate: Sorry for the rant...im pissed!

Latest posts

Members online