a different take on e fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

m j

Reaction score
um nope, its a banjo.
proved both by your quoted definition (perforated hollow bolt), AND by your own statement claiming that is what was portrayed in the image.
you keep trying but have yet to come close.

Yep thats a banjo bolt... now go try and thread it in the head and get back to me...

edit: a link for those incapable of the internet http://lmgtfy.com/?q=7.3+banjo+bolt

Last edited:

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
um nope, its a banjo.
proved both by your quoted definition (perforated hollow bolt), AND by your own statement claiming that is what was portrayed in the image.
you keep trying but have yet to come close.

edit: a link for those incapable of the internet http://lmgtfy.com/?q=7.3+banjo+bolt

This has been fun, but if you still think you can argue that the rail plugs are banjo bolts after all that has been posted here... well i'm just gonna have to bow out of this one.

You've done a pretty good job of making yourself look like a fool, I don't think you need any more help from me. :D

m j

Reaction score
a plug wouldnt be hollow and crossdrilled. for an example you should look at the oil rail plugs.
better yet, put a plug in the place of the banjo bolts on your truck and see how well that works.

my favourite part is this one where you pretty much admit you dont have a clue wtf you are looking at...

now go try and thread it in the head and get back to me...

if by fool you mean one who states something is a banjo and then tries to claim it isnt the next day, then yes there are some fools in this thread.
you have pretty much failed at every attempt here so yes run along.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
It is a plug because it plugs the fuel from exiting the head. But it is a relieved plug to allow the fuel to transfer from intersecting passages....not unlike a banjo bolt. What makes a banjo bolt is not the 360* relief but the fact that holds a banjo fitting. What's in the heads are 360* relief style bolts.

That aside we knew which bolt you meant and I personally don't care what you call it. My understanding was that you thought our engines use these to deliver fuel to the heads via a pump.

There's really no reason to argue about what it's called :D

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
our trucks do use these to deliver fuel,
and it isnt just me calling them banjo

on my engine fuel does exit the head through the banjo bolt at the front, it doesnt plug anything

old man dave

Reaction score
Actually, if you were to order these things from a catalog, they are called banjo bolts with or without the banjo. Even McMaster-Carr calls them banjo bolts. mj, you are correct. :naughty:

Here's one my buddy made for me modified for AN-6 fitting to the fuel rail gallery for fuel delivery. Its centerbored 25/64" (1/64 over 3/8"), two of the four side holes are bored and all burrs removed.

Attachments

• P1010114.JPG
    P1010114.JPG
    364.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.