a different take on e fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.

old man dave

Reaction score
Dave-

Talking about physics, you didn't seem to understand what I said... the fuel restriction to the heads is not the fuel valley itself... If you look back at my post, the restriction is the ID of the fittings to the heads. If you install bigger lines to those fittings, you are still going to hit those restrictions. I think the stock fitting are only 5/32" to 3/16" ID. 3/8" lines to those are going to get fuel there, but still are going to be the same flow through them. So some adding more ways in (double), would increase that flow by increasing twice the area. The only way to get past or around that is to machine the heads for bigger threaded fittings so they can have a larger ID.

You can go dual 1/2" lines to feed, but the flow is going to be restricted by whatever is the restriction...

I guess enough on that. Not getting anywhere. I think the OP got more than he asked for on his question... Right?

You assume that the factory location of the fuel fittings are the only available entry to the fuel rails. Ask mj if this is true. I'm not using the factory side entry to access the fuel rail gallery.

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
LoL
there is nothing to refute. your posts are off topic and idiotic.
'4 hoses have more 'skin drag' then 2' but you fail to mention any hose sizes in relation to that statement or if the volume amount is compromised below the amount required to do the job.
four 1" lines will have more flow then two 3/8 lines but still have more 'skin drag' from the larger surface area.
all irrelevant in this discussion as the stock lines are adequate to feed the motor.
the single feed line from the tank is a 5/16 so having four lines of equal size feeding the four corners of the head are not going to be a restriction all they will be is a short cut path to feed what would otherwise be end of the line injectors.
what exactly are you trying to argue Davey?

I believe I said " of the same cross-sectional area" Not only did you fail high school physics but also English. More comprehension failure on your part.

And there you go again assuming something I didn't say. Who's using stock fuel lines or a 5/16" line from the tank? An intank fuel pump with 5/16" line? Are you?

And why is using the rear entry to the heads not as good or better unless you used hard 90* fittings instead of close sweep bends that you can't make with a hand bender?

And who cares what the end injectors are getting as long as pressure is maintained at 65psi or so minimum in the fuel rails as with a regulated return? That don't happen with a dead head system. With a deadhead, pressure is only known at the point of regulation to the fuel rail, not at the injector.

Saw an interesting picture of a yellow 7.3 with hose fittings, was that yours, Mr hard tubing?

Last edited:

old man dave

Reaction score
The same thing about hoses also applies to orifices and tubes. So, you want to talk about hoses and orifices? Look up "boundary layer flow", its best to read a book instead of googling.

I presume you concede on the "the same cross-sectional area". I guess thats what happens when you can't read.

And MA is unaware that the fuel rail can be accessed by the fuel rail plug adaptor so he uses numbers based on an incorrect assumption. And you are aware of the usage of fuel rail plug adaptors inless you previously lied about DI adaptors?

And I guess you missed my comment on what appears to be your engine set up for soft hoses instead of hard line, hypocrite that you are.

Maybe you should describe your experience in dynamic flow theory and practice to gain some credibility.

The reason why you don't post much about troubleshooting PSDs is you don't have much experience at it.

Let's talk about whats really happening here:

You claim to have an expert's opinion with limited knowledge or experience, so you assume that everyone else does the same thing.

Your opinion is fact and everyone else is out of step with you.

You knock others for taking stuff on faith and don't inspect the innards of your own stuff like your stealth or your injectors since you don't know what tools it takes to disassemble an injector without damage.

You are pretty thin-skinned for a guy who likes to dish it out.

You really do have comprehension difficuilties especially while attempting to read.

Last edited:

m j

Reaction score
I dont miss anything Dave :) it isnt my job to correct all your F ups.
again you are not on topic for this thread.
did you get even one post in this thread on topic or did you just talk about what you wanted to discuss and ignore the OPs request entirely?

you are a broken record Dave.
I never claimed to be an expert at anything Dave, you claim to be an expert.
I admit I dont expend very much effort reading your off topic BS, I read a few of your posts when I first started reading the powerstroke forums but quickly figured out you dont have any useful info.
I just think you are a lonely old man desperate for someone to talk to and somehow you decided I was the one you needed to converse with.
I am going to put you on ignore on this forum too.

m j

Reaction score
No, I know damn well about the banjo fittings at the front and rear of the heads, I just don't feel like going that far in depth with custom lines and fittings, when I'm not shooting for big power

I was refering to the end part of his post, " I'm not using the factory side entry to access the fuel rail gallery".

you are using the factory side entry to feed the rails and anything other then that does not belong in your thread

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
If you've ever had an OBS fuel system apart or even understood how it works, you would know exactly how I can tell you are full of ****.

ghohouston

Reaction score
If you've ever had an OBS fuel system apart or even understood how it works, you would know exactly how I can tell you are full of ****.

What is your problem with me? I seriously don't get what I've done to you, or why you feel the need to nit pick everything I say or do. And fyi, I have worked on hundreds of 7.3's, im a mechanic for a company with a fleet of over 400 powerstrokes, and have done everything short of a full engine rebuild on a 7.3, so you can gtfo my thread, you're not bringing me anything helpful, and just being a douche.

m j

Reaction score

all 7.3 powerstrokes have what is called a banjo fitting in the fuel system. if you have a better name to describe it then you need to share it with the test of us.
temp_5_zpsok7ehdfy.png

ghohouston

Reaction score
Are you retarded? Maybe YOU don't understand that there are the small fittings where the stock fuel feed on ALL stock 7.3 powerstrokes are on the top of the heads by the intake plenums, and there are also banjo bolts in the front and rear of the heads. On an obs, in the front of the motor, its where the fuel is returned through, don't believe me? Maybe YOU should pop the hood on an obs and look. The sd's have banjo's in all 4 corners of the heads. Asshat

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
It's more fun to keep dragging this thread out and see how much effort you two will put into arguing. Especially when I have no interest in how it turns out lol.

There is ONE banjo bolt in the whole OBS fuel system, and its not at the head.

If you want to see and OBS fuel system done right, I'll be glad to pop the hood and show you. It's a little dusty, though, because I built it back in '05.

ghohouston

Reaction score
You sure about that? Then how do you explain the fact that there is a banjo bolt in the rear of each head? Get off your ass and go crawl under your truck and take a look. And if you have no interest, why are you still commenting?

m j

Reaction score
Yep thats a banjo bolt... now go try and thread it in the head and get back to me...

um, those are my parts out of my 7.3. they are still wet from the diesel fuel as they came straight out of the head when I was installing my DI fuel rail feeds.
so now I wonder how stupid are you going to feel when you clue in to the fact that you are the one that doesnt have a clue about the 7.3 fuel system.

m j

Reaction score
You sure about that? Then how do you explain the fact that there is a banjo bolt in the rear of each head? Get off your ass and go crawl under your truck and take a look. And if you have no interest, why are you still commenting?

also at the front of each head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online