A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
You lucky S.O.B!!!! It must be like Christmas over there for the past few weeks. I love what you have done to the truck thus far along buddy!!!

You got that right! I'm super lucky to have all the dudes helping me that I do! Nathannial has helped me so much... Late nights, long days working on this thing. Plus Justin is always giving me a hand and letting me use his shop, Steve, Mike Haller, Dustin, Matt at gearhead, Tadd, Wayne, Jared, Dave from OUO etc. Can't thank all these guys enough for answering questions and helping where they can!

I'm getting super excited to finish this thing and just enjoy it lol.

FYI my hellwig sway bars shipped yesterday, and I need to check on my true trac, but it should have been here already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedRice589

Reaction score
You got that right! I'm super lucky to have all the dudes helping me that I do! Nathannial has helped me so much... Late nights, long days working on this thing. Plus Justin is always giving me a hand and letting me use his shop, Steve, Mike Haller, Dustin, Matt at gearhead, Tadd, Wayne, Jared, Dave from OUO etc. Can't thank all these guys enough for answering questions and helping where they can!

I'm getting super excited to finish this thing and just enjoy it lol.

FYI my hellwig sway bars shipped yesterday, and I need to check on my true trac, but it should have been here already.

Gonna have traction for dayzzzzzz,!!!!!

jdgleason

Reaction score
I got everything else finished up on the truck over the weekend. Like Bigr said, I burned through a bunch of drill bits lol. The traction bars helped stabilize up the truck even more in turns and everything. The truck hooks up much better on the street as well! Im super happy with this stuff thus far.

1274E297-8CBD-4480-A883-E83AC031F656_zpscxzue2pd.jpg

CE0825BE-D18C-4FBD-8057-3879C3C2FF5D_zpsyokfnptd.jpg

BCD5AE88-3EE8-42A0-8B03-25D537C313FC_zpsytqdtmcv.jpg

I made a detailed thread on these things here.
http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48783

B585Ford

Reaction score
JD,
Have you got your new snails on yet? Also, did they say when they will let you know about the DPC? Pretty sure all the votes must be in by April 1, but I haven't heard when they will let the contestants know.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Truck looks awesome JD should perform great at DPC

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks Andrew! I think yours would do well also!

JD,
Have you got your new snails on yet? Also, did they say when they will let you know about the DPC? Pretty sure all the votes must be in by April 1, but I haven't heard when they will let the contestants know.

No new snails for me yet. I'm pretty positive that I'll be waiting until after DPC to put those on. I really don't see much reason in swapping chargers beforehand, because I'm used to these ones #1, and I'm limited on time #2. If I don't make it to DPC, they'll go on pretty quick though :D

I think they usually give competitors a month or so notice. I'd expect for guys to start getting calls the first week of April. Ballots are due April 1.

Correct me if I'm wrong JD but I don't think he is putting the new set on until after dpc and I think they only give them 2 or 3 weeks notice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You are correct sir.

In other news, brown Santa showed up today with a couple more goodies for me!

qy6abaga.jpg

Hellwig front and rear sway bars. They made a big difference on that white king ranch that my buddy Justin built, so I thought they would make a great addition to mine. Anything I can do to keep this thing planted and stable, plus eliminate body roll will be a huge plus. I drive my truck like I stole it pretty often and it has the potential to get me in trouble now so I'm trying to combat that. I never thought I'd actually need or consider a brake upgrade, but I made a long pull in it a couple weeks ago and had a hell of a time getting it shut down. Hoping that all of this will help in that department too.

bigaF250

Reaction score
That thing will handle them corners in the trailer obstacle like nobody's business now man. I have faith that your truck will perform to the T the way it is setup my friend

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score
I hope so! I'm a pretty small fish as far as power goes, so I'll need to be competitive everywhere I can.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Update us on the hellwig kit. I have been ready to grab them for mine for a while now but wasn't sure if I should.

Let me know if I can help on brakes jd, can get some rotors on that thing if you aren't going the full caliper/rotor route.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Update us on the hellwig kit. I have been ready to grab them for mine for a while now but wasn't sure if I should.

Let me know if I can help on brakes jd, can get some rotors on that thing if you aren't going the full caliper/rotor route.

I'll definitely do that. I'm crazy short on time, but I'll try to sneak away and get them thrown on in the next few days.

Ok buddy! I'll definitely keep that in mind! Thank you!!

Riverside

Reaction score
These trucks benefit well from heavier sway bars.
Removes a ton of body roll.

Test driving was night and day difference between the truck that had aftermarket heavy sway bars and the ones without.

My truck with heavy bars, icon 2.5" level, OUO traction bars and rear air bags....dare I say....all most handles well.

Sweet additions JD, should be like drive a hole new truck now.....very nice!

B585Ford

Reaction score
No new snails for me yet. I'm pretty positive that I'll be waiting until after DPC to put those on. I really don't see much reason in swapping chargers beforehand, because I'm used to these ones #1, and I'm limited on time #2. If I don't make it to DPC, they'll go on pretty quick though :D

I think they usually give competitors a month or so notice. I'd expect for guys to start getting calls the first week of April. Ballots are due April 1.

That seems pretty wise to me....IIRC, the last time the most powerful truck (on the dyno) won the DPC was the year Dimitri won (3 or 4 yrs ago) so sticking with a setup that you know and has a good chance of living through all the events should help a lot. Last I talked to ya on the phone (which has been several months now), you thought you might just do a different VGT so I thought you changed your mind for the DPC and was going to the Max Ps just for the DPC. I really hope you get voted into the field.

Latest posts

Members online