A little update on my truck...

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Yes I know my head looks good. Not everyone is this beautiful, or can sport a bald dome like this guy.

So suck it!!!

I was more referring to your mad dome skills, then again, I wouldn't think twice on letting you polish mine.. Judging by the shine from your Mellon, your a head polishing sum bitch, second only to Mikey's pipe polishing skill..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdgleason

Reaction score
So things are moving along with this. This last week I've decided that I'm pretty over not having a running truck, so I've been pushing really hard to get the stars aligned to get everything done.

I ended up going with Carillo rods, because they were nice enough to rush a set for me. They arrived last week along with my fancy new .20 over pistons from Jared! I was lucky enough to get my gapless rings in just a couple of days too! They got back here early this week.

Huge thanks to Nathannial for busting his ass for me all week again! Couldn't have done this without you buddy!

As of now, the machine shop has bored the block and cleaned it all up, and I am second in line for balancing. They cut and cc'd the pistons earlier in the week, so they are off to be coated. They will be back to the machine shop Monday for them to finish balancing either Monday or Tuesday.

The plan is to have the motor back to me by the middle of next week, and assemble it from there. I should have almost everything here to finish up aside from lifters, oil cooler and heads. Luckily, a few dealers have all of that in stock here. Still not 100% sure which direction I'm going with heads - I need to make a decision on those ASAP. They will be getting coated as well, whichever way I decide to go.

In the meantime, I have some stuff here to clean up wiring and make things easier and cleaner under the hood I can work on.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Moving right along! Gonna be great to have it back with the bottom end. Looking forward to seeing it up again JD.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Moving right along! Gonna be great to have it back with the bottom end. Looking forward to seeing it up again JD.

You and me both.

Oh and I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on a cowl hood on my truck....

The same as this one (only cleaner LOL)

5u6amyha.jpg

myraby5e.jpg

urypetam.jpg

evu6apyr.jpg

sootie

Reaction score
i guess i'll be that guy...forget the cowl. there is something so clean and classy about your truck, i would hate to destroy that.

bricewise

Reaction score
No cowl.

If you get a cowl, might as well do a twin white racing stripe and a stack.

jdgleason

Reaction score
ignore that stock hood nonsense.

Lol

No cowl.

If you get a cowl, might as well do a twin white racing stripe and a stack.

You take that back lol

Well... For all of you against the cowl, sorry lol it'll be here Monday.

Nathannial and I decided it will probably work way better for these turbos, so we went that way. If I don't like it, then it's not the end of the world - I can sell the hood and relocate things lol.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.