A little update on my truck...

jdgleason

Reaction score
I really think your truck is going to be flat out nuts when your done. Good work bro

Sent from my iPhone
-Jerry Bruley-

Thanks buddy! As long as it's fun to drive, I'm all in lol

better have jumped on the cernivi's bandwagon...there's a reason everyone on here who has a cowl hood went with a cervini's. they look great with the cowl hood and they look great without them too. either way looks ***kking great!!!!

This one is a reflexxion... Had a little more "stock" feel to it.
Awesome news that you're building the engine 100%! You still going with the Super Duper Max Power XXX's? Lol

Yes sir. Sticking with the 66/88 max power x's.

I forgot to mention that I am buying a set of 150's from mr. Haller.

RSK

Reaction score
Thanks buddy! As long as it's fun to drive, I'm all in lol

This one is a reflexxion... Had a little more "stock" feel to it.

steel is sooooo heavy.... LOL mine weigh's 55lbs according to cervini's but they are supposed to the be one of the best fitting. and it lines up very well. close to stock in all aspects except it's a 1/32nd higher then the fenders but whatever. pisses me off but I'll get over it eventually. close enough. I saw a steel cowl hood on a duramax, and it was wayyyy off like 1/4" gaps....Owner of the body shop who does my paint work has a steel cowl hood on his and it fits perfect and looks badass. so hopefully you talked to a few people who have used reflexxion cowl hoods before.

Wayne

Reaction score
You and me both.

Oh and I'm curious what everyone's thoughts are on a cowl hood on my truck....

The same as this one (only cleaner LOL)

5u6amyha.jpg

myraby5e.jpg

urypetam.jpg

evu6apyr.jpg

Judging from the dust, I'm guessing the shorty's still on the back burner??? Kinda sad thinking such a nice truck is down long-term. Makes sense I guess as most mechanics are too burned out to have any desire to work on their own stuff after the work day. Any word on when it'll be going again? BTW, I'm pumped for ya. I've felt your urgency too of having such a nice truck that doesn't run. (well, mine's not nearly that nice at 208000 miles LOL I love the way your hood looks. Here's a non-dusty pic while the paint work was in process. Perspective for the doubters of a cowl hood on a lowered truck.
tadd_shorty.jpg

Stroked777

Reaction score
Here's my truck with a cowl hood. I love the look. Gunna be lifting my truck Tuesday. and it functional, today I got out of the truck did what everyone does while walking away from their truck, look back at it, and I noticed I could see the heat coming out of the vents on it. So does help with air moving through the engine bay

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 149

TY'S08FX4

Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome jd! Didn't notice if you said you were pulling the trigger on the cowl hood yet or not but hopefully you do! I'm getting a cervinnis one once my truck is all done

jdgleason

Reaction score
Wow that looks awesome jd! Didn't notice if you said you were pulling the trigger on the cowl hood yet or not but hopefully you do! I'm getting a cervinnis one once my truck is all done

Yes sir. Should be here next week.

Well played

Thanks buddy!

I got the up pipes wrapped as well today. The majority of the turbo stuff is all completed, so I'm super happy about that!

Nathannial worked his ass off today as always!

2eqadu7e.jpg

Latest posts

Members online