A special P0279

Lucasz514

Reaction score
2006 6.0 with a P0279 code. I’m fairly mechanically inclined so I started off with some diagnostics to find out where my issue was. I tested resistance on my injector harness on pins 3 and 17, then 8 and 18. Multimeter showed I had an open circuit on one of two tests so I went ahead and replaced the harness. Still the same code/misfire. Swapped with a good known ficm… same code/misfire. Then I plugged in a good known injector just for ease of mind even though the coils tested out good on the original injector and still had the misfire and code. I actually changed that injector out for a different one again and it was the same thing… what am I missing here??

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
2006 6.0 with a P0279 code. I’m fairly mechanically inclined so I started off with some diagnostics to find out where my issue was. I tested resistance on my injector harness on pins 3 and 17, then 8 and 18. Multimeter showed I had an open circuit on one of two tests so I went ahead and replaced the harness. Still the same code/misfire. Swapped with a good known ficm… same code/misfire. Then I plugged in a good known injector just for ease of mind even though the coils tested out good on the original injector and still had the misfire and code. I actually changed that injector out for a different one again and it was the same thing… what am I missing here??
First off, Welcome to PSA.

It could be the PCM is bad.

Have you checked the wire harness all the way to the Injector?

6.0 Tech

Reaction score

To start with, which injector was it you changed? Actual physical location.

Do all the injectors buzz on a buzz test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Brand new. I’m about to get home here and I’m gonna ohm test this new harness just because

Make sure the injector is fully clicked in as well. Sometimes they can be a **** and you have to press the clip in while you’re putting it on the injector to get it to fully seat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk